Sign in to follow this  

Original Z-Start Rekluse HELP PLEASE!

Okay, so after much troubles, it's now 100% clear that I have a rekluse Z-Start original, not the pro version in my YZ250.

So, after calling rekluse they say I have 2 options if I want to stick with this specific rekluse model:

1) Get a Rekluse Perch adjuster (BUT THEY DISCONTINUED THEM, AND I CANT FIND ONE)

2) Pull out all the throwout, spacer, and clutch cable and lever, and just run it as a full manual clutch. I do not want to do that.

So, does anybody either:

1) Have a Rekluse Perch adjuster laying around?

2) Know of where I can buy one?

3) ???

Thanks for the help!

P.S. On a very very tight budget, buying another rekluse will not be an option, but I do have the stock clutch if i HAVE to go back to it :(

You could take out the z start model and sell it and buy a exp 2.0. The exp is only 400 so you would maybe even make money. The exp take 40 mins to install and works great

That really sucks that they discontinued the perch. Is there no way to improvise or have something made? Kind of like they're thinking that will force people to buy the newest and latest. It might be kind of tough to sell it that way too since it isn't complete and useable. Sucks.

Send it back to Rekluse and they will give you $100 credit towards an EXP clutch. $399 - $100 = $299 = Pretty good deal.

Is the Rekluse perch adjuster any different than the other quick adjust perches out there? All it does is adjust the cable tension.

Yes it is different. It is a hollow aluminum shell with threads on the end of it. It has a sleeve that goes in it with a spring in the middle. By threading it in or out changes the preload on the spring, changing how the clutch engages. You can also change springs in it to get harder or softer engagement. The new z-start pro is all tuned by waffle springs and the amount of steel balls in the clutch, which personally I like better than the perch adjuster. I have one on mine and and cant seem to find a happy median between releasing at idle and not slipping when on the gas. I only have had this problem since my complete engine rebuild with the addition of a big bore. I can't figure it out and might have to end up going back to stock.

if you haven't installed those heavy balls you might want to do that, just did that on mine and my clutch seems to lock up better with my 295. they also told me that should fix my clutch issues, after one race it felt good.

i have just got a z start without the clutch adjuter  am i screwed ?or is there a solution to this ?

If you didn't get the pro version, then I guess that the with an old z-start and no fancy perch adjuster - you're screwed. :(