Sign in to follow this  

KLX 400R/DRZ 400E STREET LEGAL QUESTIONS

Can I get my klx 400r plated in Vermont even though the certificate of origin says it was not manufactured for highway use?? I have all the requirements, dot tires, mirrors, lights, etc. Im just worried they wont let it get plated becuase it says not manyfactured for street use. Isnt the drz 400e the same as the sm and s but without the light kit and a few other things.?

Every state is different. Call the DMV, believe it or not they can be pretty informative. Tell them you want to put a license plate on your motorcycle and give them the VIN # and they will say yes or no.

When I read these threads about getting an E road registered I always give a sigh and think to myself......

"Australia is indeed the lucky country" , to be able to walk into a dealer , throw some money on the table and ride away on a brand spanking new ,road complied "REAL E" . :banana::aussy:

Oh and did I mention that non ethanol fuels are easily available country wide here as well..??... :blah::D . 😛😏:applause:

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

I have the thread you need to read pulled up on my Mac. I'll post a link in the morn.

As far as I know, it was still happening as of mid 2011"ish" (titling through Vermont)

There are a few hoops you have to hop.

Edited by jtgrimm
  • Like 1

In Arizona I took it up to Prescott because we have a house there and all we had to do was tell them what was on it "They Didn't Even Look At The Bike" and they gave us a license plate and stickers. In All you need is one mirror and a brake light, But mostly every other state requires front and rear turn signals.

Good luck buddy :ride::goofy:

When I read these threads about getting an E road registered I always give a sigh and think to myself......

"Australia is indeed the lucky country" , to be able to walk into a dealer , throw some money on the table and ride away on a brand spanking new ,road complied "REAL E" . :banana::aussy:

Oh and did I mention that non ethanol fuels are easily available country wide here as well..??... :blah::D . 😛😏:applause:

Yeah that is one nice thing, but here I can own all the guns I want and get gas for under $4 a gallon. What is the price in OZ again??? 😛

• Like 1

Yeah that is one nice thing, but here I can own all the guns I want and get gas for under $4 a gallon. What is the price in OZ again??? 😛

fair enough..... :cheers: .....but as you know ,sometimes when you want the best ya have to pay for it ..... :excuseme:

I would be somewhat nervous living in a land where almost anyone can be carrying a gun....you know especially with "Road Rage"....badass.gif

I'd be nervous living where criminals who break the law regardless, have firearms; and where those like me who obey the law, cannot have them to protect themselves and their families. Don't know about you folks, but if I were a criminal, I would think twice about breaking into a house where I may very well be met by the business end of 12 gauge or AR15.

@supernick

To answer your original question, here is the link I promised:

http://www.advrider....t=555693Vermont

I noticed that your profile says that you are located in Vermont; if this is true, it should be very easy for you to get your bike on the road, given that it meets Vermonts standards. I do not think that it matters if your MSO is stamped ORO. You may not even need the MSO; I may be confusing NC law with VT law here, but if memory serves me right, if an individual does not have an MSO, they must have a serial/vin check performed by a state highway patrolman to ensure that the bike in progress of compliance/registration is not reported stolen or currently under lien by a previous owner. It must be formally completed on said officers company letterhead. The DMV may then request the original copy of said vin check.

At one time, they supposedly had the process and requirements printed clean and clear on the VTDMV website.

Edited by jtgrimm
  • Like 1

madstormn.gif

• Like 1

In TN it can't be done...once the title says "Off Road Only" your pooched. However, if it was titled in another state that was lets' say off road friendly, then bring said bike to Tn they will happily give to a tag...make sense doesn't it smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif?

I'd check the "like" button Craig if this applied to Oregon.....BUT IT DOESN'T DAMN IT!!! The Real S will make do........................... 🙄

• Like 1