Sign in to follow this  

2006 SM DYNAJET adjustment?

How do I go about adjusting this kit for superior fuel economy? I received the whole box/parts when I got my bike?

Thanx

Fuel mileage is mostly in the right wrist. From the kit, use the smallest main jet and the lowest needle position that the motor still runs well. You will have to experiment with it. What are the settings now? What is the current fuel mileage? What are you hoping for? What is the final gearing? What is the main use of the motorcycle? What is your riding style?

And which kit do you have..?? DJ3109 or DJ3110..??

If fuel economy was your only concern just stay with the stock carb jetting....

The tuned dynojet jet kit will return poorer fuel consumption figures because your engine will be receiving the correct amount of fuel .....

Craigo - I would disagree that fuel mileage will increase with lean jetting. When the motor is lean and not making good power, the rider compensates with more throttle. I think the best fuel mileages is when the jetting is right and the rider is conservative about using the available power.

Craigo - I would disagree that fuel mileage will increase with lean jetting. When the motor is lean and not making good power, the rider compensates with more throttle. I think the best fuel mileages is when the jetting is right and the rider is conservative about using the available power.

Theoretically I do agree with you, but it seems to be the trend that correctly tuned jet kitted carbs tend to use more fuel......

Probably the fact that when the bikes goes better the rider tends to twist the throttle more...