Sign in to follow this  

Wheelying and burn outs

Looking for some tips on how to wheely on my 100 Honda. I can get it up easy but keeping it up is a problem. And also wondering how to make dirt fly. I tried this once and ate s**t. I spun out and ended up on the ground. I locked up the front brake..oops

You can get it up...but can't keep it up...um...ok

• Like 3

Holding a wheelie is all about finding the balance point. You can usually find it by popping the wheel just a bit higher than you think you should. When you first get it, you'll feel like you're about to fall backwards. If you do ending up falling backwards, make sure you have your foot on the back brake pedal to shut things down before they get ugly. As for holding a wheelie on a 100cc bike (which most likely has a small frame)... depending on how tall you are compared to the size of the bike, you might be sitting way too far back on the seat which will make balancing near impossible. Knowing very little about you or your bike, it is very difficult to give you a definate answer.

Also, if you're planning on doing a burnout (on either cement/asphalt or dirt) you should always press the front wheel up against something rather than relying on the front brakes. Using your brakes for a burnout will make it a lot easier and save you from falling on your face.

I don't get the allure, lol. It's (wheelies) are probably 3rd to last (behind donuts, and burnouts) of things I want to actually practice on a bike. I guess the day those things are my goal, is the day I sell my bike to buy a quad ;-p

Edited by J_WR2fitty

To do a wheelie, get as far back on the bike as you can with your arms all the way out and straight. Be in first with your foot off the brake. Hold the throttle wide open for 5 seconds with the clutch pulled in, let go of the clutch as fast as possible. You'll do a perfect technical wheelie 😉 oh, and don't stop giving it throttle even if you feel like it's going to fall backwards!

• Like 3