Sign in to follow this  

2013 Kx450f. Vs. Kx250f

So for the last 3 months i have had the plan in my head of selling the bike i am currently riding ( 2006 crf250r) and buying a new 250. But then this past weekend while riding with some friends i rode a yz250 bored out to a 310 with no problem. So from what i know( correct me if i am wrong) a 250 two stoke is just as fast if not faster then a 450 four stroke. I am a 14 year old intermediate level rider. I plan to keep my next bike for a long time and keep modifying it to my liking. I also here that maintaining a 450 is easier. So taking all that is above should i stick with the 250 or go for the 450? thanks for reading and thank you in advance for your reply

I would go with 450..are u dead set on the kx tho?

probably what do you recommend?

Unless u have rode the other bikes and tht is the one tht u feel most comfortable on I wouldn't limit my choice to just the kx..jmo..

I would try out some other bikes and see what u feel comfortable on and then narrow ur choices down...what year of a bike are u lookin at buying?

If you liked the yz why don't you go with a 2 stroke? I'm 15 and am now riding a yz250. But there great woods bikes. I don't race so don't know how they are on a track till next weekend when we all go ridding at the local track.

If you liked the yz why don't you go with a 2 stroke? I'm 15 and am now riding a yz250. But there great woods bikes. I don't race so don't know how they are on a track till next weekend when we all go ridding at the local track.

I rode it and did pretty good, but i dont really care form 2 strokes.

What class do u race in? Some classes won't let u race a 450..like the schoolboy class for instance...