Sign in to follow this  

air fork problems...

OK, now that everyone has had plenty of time on their air fork equipped bikes.. what is the word? I did some searching and coudlnt find much.

When 13s came out there was a lot of talk of it, and a lot of it negative, but my thought is that it was mostly people predicting things, or a lot of things they "heard" from people (who probably have no clue what they are talking about)

What kind of problems have you experienced or witnessed first hand with them? I'm not talking tuning/performance, I mean leaky seals, forks collapsing, eating #*(#%^ from seals blowing out, etc

I have only heard of a couple issues w/ the kaw, haven't heard of any w/ the honda.

Lets hear it!

I was wondering the same thing. If you blow a seal, you are screwed. Like in one supercross race this year when Dungey's air shock blew out and he had to go to the LCQ. In the LCQ, they went back to a spring shock.

Ive heard some riders finish a day of riding with a blow seal with no problems and other riders not being able to. I would assume it depends on the severity of the seal failure.