Sign in to follow this  

When does the power band kick in

I just bought a 2003 rm250 2 stroke and I haven't really gone past 1st gear I was wondering at what speed or gear the powerband will kick in, and when it does kick in will it be really powerful?

It kicks in at a certain rpm. Twist the throttle and find out.

Try riding in second gear, it is longer and doesnt rap out as quick and then you will definitely feel the power band kick in as rpms go up.

bud i agree play with it in second gear but be carefull if you dont know much about riding, 250 smokers are not slow. treat with respect while you build confidence.>_>

Get it started take off and pin it!

You'll find the powerband!

Oh and hang on.

• Like 2

I just bought a 2003 rm250 2 stroke and I haven't really gone past 1st gear I was wondering at what speed or gear the powerband will kick in, and when it does kick in will it be really powerful?

What other bikes have you owned ?

It depends how tight they are. Stock they should be snug, but not too crazy. Finger tight is good.

If it "kicks in" to late in the RPM's just go to the dealership and ask for the red or blue bands. Those will create a smoother and longer powerband when they are both installed together. DO NOT get the purple, unless you plan on entering a race. The purple band will about rip your arms off. Be careful with your decision as well as your riding.

Edited by elpato
  • Like 2

Cut him some slack guys , he's only 14 , I wish I had a bike like that at his age .

Just take it easy on the throttle Isaac until you get used to the bike

Bob

• Like 1

An RM250 isn't exactly the best choice for a 14 year old beginner. Just sayin.

• Like 3

i started on honda cr250 (2t bike) and i seemed to do just fine... and you'll know when you're in the power band when the bike feels unusually "jumpy" when you twist the throttle. A stock mx pipe will typically have a powerband that kicks in at around 50-75% throttle.

I knew Isaac was gonna get crap for this but hey, everybody got get their start somewhere. But Isaac, if you'd have used the TT search function a little, you would have realized how this was likely to go. Search: POWERBAND

Edited by motoxvet

I prefer the tension and snap of a poka-dot power band.

The Power Band comes on at 10:30 pm, the last band to play for the night.

Well worth the wait, though, because they're the best band in the house.

• Like 7

Give it some throttle and find out ....................you're obviously scared to find out which is ok but you're not gonna fly up in the air at 200 mph if you shift up into second. You can ride ANY bike slow. Just take it easy on throttle. The throttle is not hard to control if your just puttin around your backyard so dont be scared. Once you do it you'll realize how much fun it is and that as long as your careful your scared over nothing. 🙂

Edited by chris12901

The Power Band comes on at 10:30 pm, the last band to play for the night.

Well worth the wait, though, because they're the best band in the house.

hahahahaa.. i may just piss my pants now... that was golden...

they are fusion techno, like fugazi meets bieber...

wring its neck kid... go off...

You musnt of actually ridden it yet if you havent felt the powerband. Unless the powervalve is stuck that thing should lurch out of your arms just off idle in first gear. As soon as the bike starts moving shift into second so you don't loop it out.