Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Looking to Ride in Edwards/Bocco Mountain/Vail Area soon

I usually ride alone because I don't know anyone who rides in Denver yet,

I'm looking to ride the Edwards/Bocco Mountain/Vail area sometime soon, I was thinking a two day trip, so this weekend could work. I'd be willing to do as early as Wednesday/Thursday though. My plan is to sleep in the truck or truck bed because I don't have a tent, but a single hotel room isnt out of the question if I get a couple more guys. I'm also completely willing to listen to singletrack location suggestions within two hours of Golden, CO. If someone is looking for a specific trail system, I may consider stretching it out as far as Grand Junction.

My bike can go about 60-65 miles max on one tank, but I can carry gas if needed. I would like to hit a decent amount of singletrack (two rides a day, or one long one), and like technical sections. I also like jeep trails, though my bike seems to get more beat up on those.

Let me know if your interested, if I don't get any replies by Tomorrow (tuesday), by around 4pm, I'll probably ride somewhere closer on wednesday, and hold out for the weekend.

My truck can carry three bikes (with tailgate down and one in backwards) and get about 16mpg. I live in the Golden area, and can drive 30 minutes in any direction to pick people/bikes up.

Anyone local to those areas would be really cool to ride with too.

Thanks for reading,

Exbuhe

There is a fun ride/Loop off the top of Vail Pass. Park on the SW side of 70. Follow dirt road to McCallister Gulch and ride the creek bed up to ptarmegin pass...then loop around to Redcliff and catch the road back to parking...there are more up there..so explore

Thanks, I will check it out. I ended up riding for a day at Bocco Mountain, which had some pretty cool singletrack going on, very tight and windy - I think my rear brake master cylinder lost its seal though, so I'm scrambling to get that fixed. I'm going to try to ride Crested Butte Thursday, because I have to be up there anyway. Then the Powderhorn WeBe race Sunday! (gonna be my second race, first one in a year, pretty excited)

But hopefully I can check out that Vail area next week, I do love exploring.

I usually ride alone because I don't know anyone who rides in Denver yet,

I'm looking to ride the Edwards/Bocco Mountain/Vail area sometime soon, I was thinking a two day trip, so this weekend could work. I'd be willing to do as early as Wednesday/Thursday though. My plan is to sleep in the truck or truck bed because I don't have a tent, but a single hotel room isnt out of the question if I get a couple more guys. I'm also completely willing to listen to singletrack location suggestions within two hours of Golden, CO. If someone is looking for a specific trail system, I may consider stretching it out as far as Grand Junction.

My bike can go about 60-65 miles max on one tank, but I can carry gas if needed. I would like to hit a decent amount of singletrack (two rides a day, or one long one), and like technical sections. I also like jeep trails, though my bike seems to get more beat up on those.

Let me know if your interested, if I don't get any replies by Tomorrow (tuesday), by around 4pm, I'll probably ride somewhere closer on wednesday, and hold out for the weekend.

My truck can carry three bikes (with tailgate down and one in backwards) and get about 16mpg. I live in the Golden area, and can drive 30 minutes in any direction to pick people/bikes up.

Anyone local to those areas would be really cool to ride with too.

Thanks for reading,

Exbuhe

I live in the vail valley. We have a ton of trails. PM me if your up here again and I can show you around.