Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F popping and choke problem

Model : CRF230F 2007 Made in Brazil

This bike only runs with choke on. (not all the way just half)

when i turn off choke it starts to hesitate and cut fuel. so I have to keep it on half choke to keep it from hesitating. Oh and the bike always pops/backfires on deceleration..

Should I clean the carb?

New spark plug

new battery

recently changed oil

recently cleaned air filter

Will cleaning the carburetor solve my problem? or will installing new jets help?

Clean the carb and reject the bike. Search mike Coe in this thread it will come up. He ran the bike on a dyno and found the best setup for the bike, u will get more power, better idle and will start easier. Get an 03-05 needle clip in the 4th position. 120 main. 48 pilot. And also remove the baffle from the exhaust or buy an after market exhaust. And remove the snorkel from the top of the air box.

Happy brapping

Clean the carb and reject the bike. Search mike Coe in this thread it will come up. He ran the bike on a dyno and found the best setup for the bike, u will get more power, better idle and will start easier. Get an 03-05 needle clip in the 4th position. 120 main. 48 pilot. And also remove the baffle from the exhaust or buy an after market exhaust. And remove the snorkel from the top of the air box.

Happy brapping

+1 on that for the rejetting. Current symptoms all point to a clogged pilot jet.