Sign in to follow this  

Graphics falling off

Bike was outside yesterday and over night, walked by it to feed the critters this morning and noticed both 'wing' graphics with the 250L on them were hanging off bike. Adhesive had dried and one side was torn as it hung down. Potential issue it sat in the sun yesterday, probably got pretty heated, and upon the cool of the evening night the graphic contracted pulling itself off bike. Anyone else had this happen. Going to dealer with it, not that the graphics are important...but still should not just 'fall off', wanna keep it pretty for as long as I can.

Maybe the bike is telling me it wants a good wrap graphic stylized for it..................

Also a grin and giggle moment. While working at the track Saturday noticed a bike on the back of a pick up. Upon close look it was my old 94 KDX200 I sold to a 'grandpa' over the winter. Now a young man had it and it was his moving up from an 85 bike. Still was a rocket, and I do miss the smell of pre-mix in the morning...it's the smell of speed.

• Like 2

Stickies falling off, thats a bad thing?? hahaha, never been a big fan of stick on's!

Good luck with warranting stickers!

I doubt they will be covered by warranty... but i would take that as a lesson learned keep your bike inside especially if there are critters running around, squirrels have destroyed lots of electric wiring and hoses, around my house and if you feed them they wil invest your property they are varmin. And about the graphics again if honda or the dealer send you a new sheet of graphics i will be very surprised... i would suggest to start looking at aftermarket.

I don't see why Honda would not warranty it.

It most certainly is defective and this is the first and only time I have heard of it. My bike has sat out in the sun on a 95 degree day many times for hours upon hours and I have yet to see an issue.

It would be nice if Honda would just give you a set of new graphics but, I don't think it would happen that way. I'm sure you would have to have it looked at then parts would be ordered then you would have to come back and drop the bike off for who knows how long.

• Like 1

To me it is a quality control issue...graphics fall off..so what else do we need to wonder about that I have not found yet. I am not planning on putting graphics back on if they replace them...just replace them when bike is sold or traded later in it's career. Already talked to dealer and it appears I will get a new graphics set so case closed.

• Like 1

I'm thinking it's time for you to find a Avatar Buddy ..... :goofy:

i-smell-old-soldier.jpg

u-neva-heard-of-old-soldier.jpg

old-soldier-at-4-months-old-never-too-early-for-mod-training.jpg

im-not-saying-old-soldier-is-an-alien-but-hes-an-alien.jpg

sorry-old-soldier-cant-come-to-the-phone-right-now.jpg

just a few ideas for ya .....🤣

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

OK my 'oldsoldier' airsoft persona...tribute to the boy who served in Afghan in group

Awesome 👍

now your somebody ...... 🤣

My left side graphic came off also. The very first time I washed the bike, it was only a day or two old. I was at the car wash, wasnt even washing the left fairing area, and look over and notice the sticker is laying on the ground. The sticker came completely off without even specifically washing that area. Im careful when washing around graphics because I know the power washer can peel them off easily, but I wasnt even focusing on that area and the thing flew away.

When I was done washing the bike I picked the sticker up, wiped some of the grit off, and stuck it back on. It actually survived like that for almost 2 weeks and a couple more washing, but when I took the bike to the carwash the other night, it came off again, this time it ripped in half, I didnt bother picking it up this time. I just blew it into the drain with the pressure washer haha. I was kinda pissed and washed my troubles down the drain, hahaha.

Im with oldsoldier, its not a huge deal to me, but more of a quality issue. Im probably not gona bother trying to get mine fixed by the dealer, and wont worry about getting a new sticker or fairing. It will just get fixed if I ever get new/different color plastics. The bike does look a little plain with no graphic thou.

They must be using poor quality decals, or maybe we just got lemons.

• Like 2

i would also tell you. You know what harm it can cause? Especially wheel bearings and suspension links. Normal water pressure from a hose is enough. oh and ..the wheels, mud, pressure washer forces water into the rim, through the spoke nipple holes.

• Like 1

Great point.

i would also tell you. You know what harm it can cause? Especially wheel bearings and suspension links. Normal water pressure from a hose is enough. oh and ..the wheels, mud, pressure washer forces water into the rim, through the spoke nipple holes.