Sign in to follow this  

Excel or D.I.D

I would like to put my own wheels together, hub, spokes, wheel and bearings. I have used DID rims before and had great luck with them. But I hear great thing about Excel also. Currently using a set of DNA Racing wheels.

I would like to hear some opinions on what you people like or prefer. Wheel? Hub? Spokes? Bearings?

Lets hear it!

Thanks!

well i have the excel wheels that came on my 2012 ktm 250xc and i bent my front wheel so i dont suggest that wheel. i think it is a AJ7

Edited by SmokerRider99

I have all 3 sets of wheels that you mentioned.......and all of them have flat spots. I finally just replaced my stock set of excell wheels on my 11' KTM 300 after I got cracks front and rear. But I do a lot of high speed desert racing stuff and no matter what, you're going to dent a rim when you hit a square edged rock at high speeds. One thing is for sure though.....I'm NEVER buying a set of DNA wheels again. Those things are absolute junk!!! Bought them for my "race" set of wheels, and after 10 races, the bearings were shot front and rear....replaced the rear bearings only to have my hub explode the next race 👎. One of my good riding buddies is a test rider for Tubliss, and he says to never run Factory FX rims or Warp 9's...they don't hold up well to trail abuse

as for hubs and spokes, I like to stick with OEM

Edited by andrew34

"Excels" that come stock on bikes I believe are inferior to the stuff they sell aftermarket. Many people Ive talked to feel the same. There are some differences looking at them side by side and the OEM ones always seem to bend easier.

Light weight, but they're much lighter than stock, they've taken the abuse too. I'd say whichever rim will leave a little cash in your wallet.