Mad River

I talked on the phone yesterday.. nothing yet. Open up!

You got them to answer? I left a message didn't call me back. BTW, I wish they open upper Mad far enough to reach Hunter's trail. That would open up all the stuff that's been dry for months, but inaccessible without coming in from the Entiat

Edited by Slackkinhard

Looks like my mad river plan for this weekend is out now. What's the number or website to see what's open or closed? Is teannaway or tronson open? Just now getting back into riding. Dying for some high country riding. Headed over Friday if anyone wants to join in

I suppose the Chickamin Tie would be closed still too? I was "hiking" it closed (in August) a couple seasons ago and it was dry as a bone with zero windfall.

Edited by Lenny Knoedler

What's the difference between upper and lower mad? Is lower just that 10 miles of sandy chewed up trails?

Upper is everything upstream of Maverick Saddle in the Mad Lake valley. Lower is everything downstream of the Saddle as it flows toward the Entiat. Great trail down that way. I used to like it better before they fixed it, cuz almost nobody used it.

• Like 1

You got them to answer? I left a message didn't call me back. BTW, I wish they open upper Mad far enough to reach Hunter's trail. That would open up all the stuff that's been dry for months, but inaccessible without coming in from the Entiat

Considering sugarloaf was a total dust bowl on At the Dirty Face poker run in mid June, I think the whole damn area has been dry for months.... Just saying...

• Like 1