Sign in to follow this  

2014 X Announced.......

Good thing I bought my 2012 last week and got the $1000 bonus bucks... 👍

Don't really care if Honda changes it anyway, I love the bike just the way it is...

• Like 2

I saw this on my Racer X android app today also ------that settles it ---

I recently bought an 07 X from a fellow forum member with the intention of making it my "race bike" (have an 05 that is dual sported that i consider my trail bike) but have been holding off on doing anything to it until this announcement came out - I'll spend $$ frivolously on the plated bike, because i'll keep it forever --- but I didn't want to drop too many nickels on the '07 project if it was going to be out-moded in a big way by Soichiro's boys soon

----- I guess its time to freshen it up and take it to Performance Mountain ! --- AS Racing- you'll be hearing from me soon! LOL

Took the "trail bike" out this morning for a leisurely cruise in 98 degree heat w/110 index ---- admittedly, I spent significant coin with Factory Connection to get the suspension sorted out, --- but except for lack of FI, I don't know how you could improve the bike significantly anyway -- its the master of disaster in the sand whoops, and I can stuff it in a tight berm with impunity (again, suspension setup and preper tire selection help a lot too)

831_zpsbc965576.jpg

• Like 1

No fuel injection?

No --- looks like they shot their wad coming out with some"new and improved" playbikes ---------- I wanted FI too --- I suck at tuning a carb

I love you Honda but thanks for the kick in the balls. I will not jump ship to orange madness, but this is starting to suck.

I know your bikes are reliable, but give me something new. Could you add a hydraulic clutch or maybe a titanium kickstand (kidding)

No --- looks like they shot their wad coming out with some"new and improved" playbikes ---------- I wanted FI too --- I suck at tuning a carb

I bought the WR 450F FI in Feb. Good choice and looks better now. I really wanted an X. My boy has a CRF 50 and my father in law bleeds red (Honda that is). Oh well.. maybe next year.

I bought the WR 450F FI in Feb. Good choice and looks better now. I really wanted an X. My boy has a CRF 50 and my father in law bleeds red (Honda that is). Oh well.. maybe next year.

I hear that is a great bike. I left Honda in 2007 and went to Yamaha, I purchased a new YZ450F. Had a horrible experience with the bike, transmission grenaded after 20 hours and Yamaha wouldn't do anything about it. Went back to Honda and have never looked back. My dad had a 05 WR and never had any issues. Luck of the draw at times I guess.

OMG! I was really worried the new 2014 would have FI and the new 2013 WR I bought LAST WEEK would make me rethink my decision! THANK YOU HONDA for keeping your head in the sand another year! this really helps me justify my decision to buy the new WR450! I was really worried I might actually have to make a decision between 2 bikes but you made it easier on me by leaving only the Yamaha WR 450 as a choice for me for this year!

just glad I didn't wait another week waiting,

I thought I wouldn't know whether I made the right choice of not until September.

and you know what's even more funny? I just 2 minutes ago I was online and ordered an entire new set of riding gear in BLUE! I guess I am officially done with Honda!

good luck selling those bikes with your BNG! meanwhile Yamaha, KTM, Husky, Husquvarna and everyone else who makes 450cc woods bikes is selling them as fast as they are coming in.

ok im done. anyone want to see my review its right in the Honda and Yamaha forums love my new WR450 wheelie monster!

I sold my 2012 WR 450 and now have two 2012 450Xs because they do not have FI.

Why is FI better??

• Like 1

I sold my 2012 WR 450 and now have two 2012 450Xs because they do not have FI.

Why is FI better??

It's not better, unless it's better. It's very good on the WR. Not so much on other bikes.

• Like 2

just 2 minutes ago I was online and ordered an entire new set of riding gear in BLUE! I guess I am officially done with Honda!

ehhhhhhhh ----- blue gear goes alright with Hondas too - the factory specific color schemes got thrown out the window 20 years ago. I actually wear a ton of orange and black gear- all the way down to my orange SG-12's - not because of KTM, but because of my alma mater, Oklahoma State! ---- (if your a Buff's fan- you could even try some black/gold gear - LOL)

I can jet a carb perfectly and know how to properly plug chop each jet on a long strait low traffic road (x 90's 2 smoker fan here) but now that im nearing 40 EFI on my Honda Rancher quad is sure nice on those ice cold sub 30F mornings and even though the throttle body EFI on a CRF would not tune for elevation changes on the fly (must shut down and restart for the ECU to take a Pressure reading) it would still rock for those snowy trails or those days where you fire up your bike with frost on it and by noon your on tech single track at 12,000' boiling over at 100F in Utah.

Edited by JRM

Team KTM doesn't use F.I. when racing Baja and still can't win????

(quote) KTM has their bike well sorted out. It is still the old twin cam, carbureted Dakar motor.

http://www.enduro360...ja-500-preview/

I don't want F.I. till it works!!!!!

Craig.

Edited by craig hammon

I want FI when there is zero chance of failure

There will never be zero chance of failure, unfortunately. Not with pumps, wiring, and ecu, injectors, etc.

This is why I'm torn between wanting a bike with EFI. I love fuel injection, and have converted 4 carbed cars to use EFI. When it works (correctly) it's always better than the carbs it replaces. But on a dirt bike, if one thing goes wrong, you're screwed. Just like the air fork, it's technology that might not be the best thing for many riders. I'd love to have the set-it-and-forget-it ability of efi, but I'm not sure the reliability is there yet.