Aftermarket Headlight Options on the SM

I'm in the market to replace my worn out stock boxy headlight situation. I was looking around on thumpertalk shop and it seems like they only have one option. Do any of you know of some other options out there that are better? The Trail Tech X2 Halogen is $100 and the HID Version is $300. Not sure I want to drop the extra dough for HID, is it worth it? Cheers

I'm in the market to replace my worn out stock boxy headlight situation. I was looking around on thumpertalk shop and it seems like they only have one option. Do any of you know of some other options out there that are better? The Trail Tech X2 Halogen is $100 and the HID Version is $300. Not sure I want to drop the extra dough for HID, is it worth it? Cheers

You might want to try posting in a font size that we can read, you just killed my eyes. :moon:

Edit: There are other options, one popular one is to run the 2008 klx450 headlamp. Do a search on here and there are plenty of threads about it. I believe the original poster's user name is fastest indian.

Edited by vagrantidol

You might want to try posting in a font size that we can read, you just killed my eyes. :moon:

Edit: There are other options, one popular one is to run the 2008 klx450 headlamp. Do a search on here and there are plenty of threads about it. I believe the original poster's user name is fastest indian.

Hehe yeah sorry about the text thing.. It was a weird glitch - posted my topic twice and changed the font size. I couldn't fix it, or at least not with the effort I was willing to put into it haha... Thanks for the reference to that forum. I found it here: https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/850789-the-single-best-drz-400-headlight-upgrade/

Unfortunately it only comes in white and I'm looking for black only. I don't think I'm willing to go to the trouble of painting it, even though I really love the look of it.

Hehe yeah sorry about the text thing.. It was a weird glitch - posted my topic twice and changed the font size. I couldn't fix it, or at least not with the effort I was willing to put into it haha... Thanks for the reference to that forum. I found it here: http://www.thumperta...dlight-upgrade/

Unfortunately it only comes in white and I'm looking for black only. I don't think I'm willing to go to the trouble of painting it, even though I really love the look of it.

The chinese have a knock off in black that will work. From what I hear the quality isn't quite as nice as the OEM units, but they still work. The biggest complaints I have read about the china versions is that the light bleeds out of the back of the headlamp housing. Maybe some silicone to keep a better seal? IDK, but the price is not too shabby.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-KX100-KX250f-KX450f-KX65-KX85-KLX110-KLX140-DIRT-BIKE-HEADLIGHT-FAIRING-/251135651843?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a78d9f003&vxp=mtr

Look around I found my X2 for $60 shipped "new" then bought a 5000K DDM HID kit for $30 a far cry from $300

003485.JPG

004444.JPG

Awesome, yeah I think I am going to end up going with the X2, I do really like the look of it. It's good to know that it's easy to upgrade from halogen in the future. One thing I noticed is that the X2 is 70W and the chinese knockoff above is only 35W... Seems like a big difference in power?

Awesome, yeah I think I am going to end up going with the X2, I do really like the look of it. It's good to know that it's easy to upgrade from halogen in the future. One thing I noticed is that the X2 is 70W and the chinese knockoff above is only 35W... Seems like a big difference in power?

That difference only has to do with the bulbs. You can run a bulb from 35w-80w with a halogen. If you have a plastic housing, be careful if you run anything above 55w tho. They will get hot enough to melt the lense.