Sign in to follow this  

2014 Honda CRF125F

Just saw this today.

2014CRF125Fweb-1.jpg

http://www.cyclenews...ff-Roaders.aspx

By Cycle News Staff | 7/9/2013 10:22 AM

2014CRF125Fweb-1.jpg

The new CRF125F and CRF125F Big Wheel feature entry-level simplicity with electric starting.

In 2013 the CRF110F replaced the popular CRF70F within Honda's family of fun, entry-level off-road bikes. Now, two new larger-displacement 2014 CRF125F models enter the lineup, allowing consumers more choices in this market segment, according to Honda.

Honda says that the two CRF125F models offer unique wheel sizes that allow them to replace the CRF80F and CRF100F. With a seat height of 28.9 inches, the small-wheel CRF125F seat is the same height as the CRF80F it replaces, while the CRF125F Big Wheel features the same seat height - 30.9 inches - as the CRF100F it replaces. This seat-height option, Honda claims, allows riders to pick the CRF125F that fits best.

Featuring an all-new electric-start 125cc single-cylinder OHC four-stroke engine tuned for loads of low-end grunt plus plenty of pull throughout the powerband, the CRF125Fs also feature a four-speed gearbox. It also has a new rolling chassis with upgraded suspension components - front and rear - plus styling just like Honda’s CRF motocross bikes.

The CRF125Fs will be available in traditional Honda red with an MSRP of $2799 for the CRF125F and $3199 for CRF125F Big Wheel.

The bikes will be available in September.

• Like 1

I was just looking at the specs on Honda's website, or moreso comparing them to the 100.

lower compression, 2mm smaller carb, one less gear, and a 24 lb weight penalty. Gonna be a dog compared to the 100. Just hope they don't drop the 100 as the article eluded to.

Looks like the 80 and 100 are going away. The 75/80's been around since the 70's. I think I understand what they are trying to do, but not sure it's the right move. Would have liked a better suspension on the older bikes.

In my opinion Honda or any other company needs to make a good suspension trail bike for kids. Like a cr/xr conversion bike. Something woth smooth power like the 100 and awesome suspension like an 85. The 150r is strickly a race bike in my opinion.

In my opinion Honda or any other company needs to make a good suspension trail bike for kids. Like a cr/xr conversion bike. Something woth smooth power like the 100 and awesome suspension like an 85. The 150r is strickly a race bike in my opinion.

It is really pretty hard to find a good bike for kids. I saw the announcement and went and checked the specs only to be disappointed again. Compare this bike to a 65cc two stroke and it is awful for a kid. It weighs 192lb vs ~125 ,inferior suspension, and brakes. They only plus is the easier to use power band.

It is really pretty hard to find a good bike for kids. I saw the announcement and went and checked the specs only to be disappointed again. Compare this bike to a 65cc two stroke and it is awful for a kid. It weighs 192lb vs ~125 ,inferior suspension, and brakes. They only plus is the easier to use power band.

Yah the klx 140 is as close as it gets for a good trail bike. The 65 two strokes can be trail bikes with gearing,flywheel weights etc. but then then the cost goes through the roof. I am building a xr conversion bike for a play bike but it would be ideal for a young rider on te trails.

Looks like the 80 and 100 are going away. The 75/80's been around since the 70's. I think I understand what they are trying to do, but not sure it's the right move. Would have liked a better suspension on the older bikes.

If they would have stuck with the 100 motor with the new chasis I would have been thrilled. Of course I'm looking at it from a mini road racer perspective, not as a childs entry bike.

If they would have stuck with the 100 motor with the new chasis I would have been thrilled. Of course I'm looking at it from a mini road racer perspective, not as a childs entry bike.

I completely agree! They only made the 125 to compete with yamaha and kawasaki 125's.

The death of a icon!!

Even from a business point of view a new play bike just doesn't make since.. its pretty close to the CRF150F (except the height and weight) so why not just redesign 150F for a BW and LW! It needs it imo. The market for the TTR125 and KLX140 is all that?

It was only a matter of time before Honda dropped at least one of the CRF 80/100 models...

What we don't see-is Honda's plan moving forward.. CRF100, CRF125, CRF150, CRF230?? I'll bet we can see a redesigned CRF230F or replacement and drop the CRF150F in the next few years.

Honda's calming 9hp?- 52.4 bore and 57.9 stroke- safe to assume BB kits with be 2-5mm over bore (or more-depending on stud spacing and oem sleeve thickness) 163cc.

Already went looking for some specs. 2014 parts fiche aren't 100% complete at the moment. With some easy mods-should get into the 12-14hp- 4sp trans tho...

Lets keep our fingers crossed that these bike with have a relatively easy (and plentifully) suspension swap upgrade- For the future!

Who's gona be first to build one?!?!?!

• Like 1

9hp? Can't imagine that when the compression is down, carb smaller etc. What's the 100 make typically stock, 5.5-6HP?

The death of a icon!!

Even from a business point of view a new play bike just doesn't make since.. its pretty close to the CRF150F (except the height and weight) so why not just redesign 150F for a BW and LW! It needs it imo. The market for the TTR125 and KLX140 is all that?

It was only a matter of time before Honda dropped at least one of the CRF 80/100 models...

What we don't see-is Honda's plan moving forward.. CRF100, CRF125, CRF150, CRF230?? I'll bet we can see a redesigned CRF230F or replacement and drop the CRF150F in the next few years.

Honda's calming 9hp?- 52.4 bore and 57.9 stroke- safe to assume BB kits with be 2-5mm over bore (or more-depending on stud spacing and oem sleeve thickness) 163cc.

Already went looking for some specs. 2014 parts fiche aren't 100% complete at the moment. With some easy mods-should get into the 12-14hp- 4sp trans tho...

Lets keep our fingers crossed that these bike with have a relatively easy (and plentifully) suspension swap upgrade- For the future!

Yes hopefully the aftermarket will be cheap and easy like the 100's. I think it will be a while before someone builds a custom one.

First person to buy one is hereby required to measure the stem!!!!!!

First person to buy one is hereby required to measure the stem!!!!!!

Right!! And pull the shock and topend- also see if a XR200 carb will bolt on to-boot! Hell- Mind as well go for a full on autopsy!!! Don't forget to pull the estart lol

The death of a icon!!

Well said Gman, Terry said with any luck it'll have the same spacing as the Wave 125 rather than the 110. If you'll remember the number of busted kicker gears, that Estart just might be worth the weight.

Lots of ifs.

Still and all, the first build will be a real eye opener. Good to see some fresh blood and thinking in the 'bigger mini' class.

Im sorry Honda lovers, thats one horrible looking piece of doo doo. looks like they're TRYING to mimic the Chinese crap! Where are the "Baja 125" stickers? Oh and BRAVO Honda, for replacing bikes right around $2k with bikes that cost between $800-$1200 more..................truly brilliant in a struggling economy.

Edited by ickfinger

Im sorry Honda lovers, thats one horrible looking piece of doo doo. looks like they're TRYING to mimic the Chinese crap! Where are the "Baja 125" stickers? Oh and BRAVO Honda, for replacing bikes right around $2k with bikes that cost between $800-$1200 more..................truly brilliant in a struggling economy.

Listen dickfinger, every company makes bad bike mistakes like yamaha with their PW bikes and also bikes like the ttr 225 and 250 they are just heavy piles of crap. So its not just Honda.

Listen dickfinger, every company makes bad bike mistakes like yamaha with their PW bikes and also bikes like the ttr 225 and 250 they are just heavy piles of crap. So its not just Honda.

Never said it was only Honda, what are you 7 years old calling me names? And listen up douche, Yamaha didn't drop affordable models for any of the models you mentioned, so your point is irrelevant, just like your contribution to this topic. Quick, pull Soichrio's pud out of your mouth, your starving your brain of oxygen! Edited by ickfinger
  • Like 1

Never said it was only Honda, what are you 7 years old calling me names? And listen up douche, Yamaha didn't drop affordable models for any of the models you mentioned, so your point is irrelevant, just like your contribution to this topic. Quick, pull Soichrio's pud out of your mouth, your starving your brain of oxygen!

Are you stupid? Yah they didnt drop affordable models but the models they made weren't really even needed in the dirtbike world. Its all rider preferance for favorite companies. Im not 7 but even if i was i would still have better riding techniques and skill level.