Problem with used gear buy, opinions?

So, long story short I bought a set of used thor MX gear for $40 shipped. (payed via paypal, off ebay). I got them the other day and they are HORRIBLE.

Here was the item description as well as pics I saw.

Thor motocross set. Includes: Jersey, Pants, and Gloves

(please note that this gear shows signs of wear and tear and possible stains as shown in pictures)

If you have any questions or would like more detailed images emailed to you, please don't hesitate to ask. More than willing to show you exactly what you're getting!

Thank you for looking!

Here are the pics along with the ad:

$T2eC16hHJGEFFmltB5W!BRy1P5y0(w~~60_35.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJB!FGm4h+F)wBRy1Pb7t,g~~60_35.JPG

So, the gear has probably 20 holes and tears, gloves are a mess (holes in a lot of fingers), Leather is stiff as a rock with some tears. It's literally a mess, and is in un-useable condition. It's only place it belongs is the trash can.

I'll upload pics of it's actual condition. As you can see, it's far beyond "wear and tear". It's just a mess. Do I have a solid argument with the seller and paypal to get a refund?

You def have a good argument. That gear is crap. See if you can get your refund. There has been some good sales on new gear/closeouts at RMATV/MC. They just had a 4th of July sale and right now they have some One Industries stuff....$72 for pants and jersey...gloves for $14.

Jersey

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/45/67/162/718/-/37883/One-Industries-Carbon-Jersey-2013

Pants

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/-/439/741/-/37888/One-Industries-Carbon-Pants-2013

Gloves

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/45/67/162/716/-/32662/One-Industries-Drako-Glove-2013

The seller isnt willing to refund. Hes saying it was advertised corectly and he showed in his images rhe present cond. Of the gear. He said I should of asked for more detailed images. (I wish I would of). I might try to go through paypal to get my money back, but I doubt I can. Probably just lost $40. And for me, being 16 y/o and no job (im trying) $40 is a lot.

Worth a try but the guys ad is quite specific and he almost begged you to be sure you knew what you were getting.

Selling junk like this is not something I agree with but I do think you should have inquired before buying.

There's so many guys with misleading listings on Ebay you really have to read carefully before buying anything. It's easy for guys take advantage of inexperienced buyers who buy assuming the seller is being honest. I feel for you but don't think you will be happy with the outcome.

• Like 1

Worth a try but the guys ad is quite specific and he almost begged you to be sure you knew what you were getting.

Selling junk like this is not something I agree with but I do think you should have inquired before buying.

There's so many guys with misleading listings on Ebay you really have to read carefully before buying anything. It's easy for guys take advantage of inexperienced buyers who buy assuming the seller is being honest. I feel for you but don't think you will be happy with the outcome.

I completely agree. Well on another note, I guess the gear in mine, I may try and use it for practice days. What can I use to take the stiffness out of the leather. It's harder than a rock right now.

The seller isnt willing to refund. Hes saying it was advertised corectly and he showed in his images rhe present cond. Of the gear. He said I should of asked for more detailed images. (I wish I would of). I might try to go through paypal to get my money back, but I doubt I can. Probably just lost $40. And for me, being 16 y/o and no job (im trying) $40 is a lot.

if you wear size 32-34 pant xl jersey, and xl gloves, I will send you a set of fly racing gear that has been worn maybe 5 times.

• Like 3

if you wear size 32-34 pant xl jersey, and xl gloves, I will send you a set of fly racing gear that has been worn maybe 5 times.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I'm a 30-32 and M. Sometimes S or L work. Again thanks for the offer. Ive got one brand new set of gear now, but was hoping this to be a muddy race/practice set. I might try to wear it still for practice, but I doubt it.

The guy offered a $25 refund if I return. But after shipping, I'd get like $10-15 back. Which I don't think is worth it. What do you guys think. Should I take the $25?

I was going to say that you should have asked for more pics but I see you realized your mistake. The stuff is so wore I dont think its worth the headache to even ship it back for maybe 10-15. Wear it yourself and add more holes to it or maybe one of your buddies would be willing to take it off your hands. Also the original pics of the gear from the ad do no justice to the ones you took.

Edited by MX1010

I was going to say that you should have asked for more pics but I see you realized your mistake. The stuff is so wore I dont think its worth the headache to even ship it back for maybe 10-15. Wear it yourself and add more holes to it or maybe one of your buddies would be willing to take it off your hands. Also the original pics of the gear from the ad do no justice to the ones you took.

Yea, definetly. Probably going to keep it and wear it when I go sand pit/trail/private track riding. I sure dont want to be seen by many people with this gear on. Haha. I doubt the paypal dispute will go anywhere. I still have a little hope though.

Yea, definetly. Probably going to keep it and wear it when I go sand pit/trail/private track riding. I sure dont want to be seen by many people with this gear on. Haha. I doubt the paypal dispute will go anywhere. I still have a little hope though.

Always keep the hope! If your're going to keep it I would say your on the right track with keeping it for trails. All them holes and tears make you look like a battle hardened warrior gone through the ringer haha

Always keep the hope! If your're going to keep it I would say your on the right track with keeping it for trails. All them holes and tears make you look like a battle hardened warrior gone through the ringer haha

haha,

and as expected, it looks as if this seller is going to get away with the crime. In the pics, you can see it's not in great condition, but he did a hell of a job making the item look far better than it really did. Also covered himself up by saying if you want more detailed pics, let me know as I want you to know exactly what you're getting. My mistake. Oh well. Maybe next month I can get my second set of gear. I am heading up to eastern Maine to work for a family friend in his blueberry fields. He pays pretty well. I guess that's something to look forward to. One thing is for sure though, the gloves are trash. haha.

haha,

and as expected, it looks as if this seller is going to get away with the crime. In the pics, you can see it's not in great condition, but he did a hell of a job making the item look far better than it really did. Also covered himself up by saying if you want more detailed pics, let me know as I want you to know exactly what you're getting. My mistake. Oh well. Maybe next month I can get my second set of gear. I am heading up to eastern Maine to work for a family friend in his blueberry fields. He pays pretty well. I guess that's something to look forward to. One thing is for sure though, the gloves are trash. haha.

I would have fallen for those pics it just looked like the white was yellowed. Dont eat too many berries. That hard earned money will pay off and in no time you ll have a new set of gear.

I would file a complaint through Ebay and try to get refund. Wat a joke those pictures are deceiving. The seller obviously tried to hide the defects in their pics and you didn't get what was pictured. I would be pi$$ed if I received that.

His pics and his wording is what saved his ass. Now that I know the cond of the gear, I go and look at the pics and sure enough see a lot of the problems. Just nothing I would of noticed without seeing the gear in person first. I think his description saved him on this one. Paypal is reviewing the dispute right now. Oh well. $40 lesson learned.

Yea, i agree that HIS pictures do not show any of that. I know when I sell stuff, I will put up pics of the imperfections. However, I probably wouldnt of even tried to sell that stuff, lol...as you said, trash can material.

I do agree that when he said signs of wear and tear, it may of been a good idea for some more up close pictures of wear and tear. If he only sent you some pics of "possible staining", and omitted any showing the apparent placement in a box of moths, then you would have had a better case to be PO'd. Not totally bashin ya, I coulda been mislead by it too.

Hard to say if the amount you'd get back out of the deal is worth it. Not sure if the pants and jersey would do ok as spare set. I mean, it is just extra venting afterall ;-). But the gloves, hell no...i hate gloves or socks with holes, drive me nuts, LOL

I have a set of one industries carbon radio star gear that's just sitting in my garage if you want it, it's size 30 pants and a medium jersey just pay the shipping and it's yours...

Wow. Thanks. Ill contact you tomorrow for your paypal. Ill give you $25 for it. It will cover shipping plus a little more. I really cant thank you enough. Ive really been in need of a second set of gear, because rain races get pretty misurable when you sit through the whole day with one set of wet gear.

I just have to thank everyone here on TT. You guys have helped me out so much this season. I dont have much money, and have tried to make the most of what I have and do what I love to do. Whenever there is a little bump in the road, it seems like somebody is always there. Somebody that I dont even know. Ill be sure to return all the favors ive gotten and someday later in life and try to help out other people in my same shoes. Thanks!