Sign in to follow this  

KTM hard shifting problem fix

If you are having a hard time shifting your KTM 2 stroke, this works very well. I see this question come up here and referenced to search on KTM talk, but wanted to put it here and make it easily searchable for others. I had problems on Sunday shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th under power. It made for some scary moments leading up to jumps and shook my confidence all day. Performed this last night and rode it around my friends backyard track today and it shifts like butter now.

Edited by MXRider72

I have been having the same problem on my '12 Husaberg 250. How do you go about pulling the shift shaft out of the bike?

I have been having the same problem on my '12 Husaberg 250. How do you go about pulling the shift shaft out of the bike?

Not sure on your Husaberg, but on the KTM you'll have to remove the shift lever on the left.  Then remove the kick starter and right side engine cover (not case half), and the shift shaft slides out.  Make sure there is not a crusty/rusty film built up on the shift shaft were it protrudes from the left side of the case, it could be difficult to slide out.