Sign in to follow this  

Clutch problem?!

Hi Im using a Magura hydraulic clutch on my bike. A few hours ago i let my friend have a small go..... and within that time he managed to crash it, the bike landed on its left side with the cltuch lever buried in the ground. we picked up the bike to discover the cltuch would not engage ( or it might be disenagage.... anyway it stalls when the lever is pulled in and you pop it into gear.), it was only a minor crash too. anyway the lever is softer than usual and i checked the fluid level, it was fine but I topped it up anyway and it still remains soft and fails to engage, any thoughts??

Im assuming the problem is not the clutch itself as I dont see how a small crash could do that and the lever is soft so it jsut seems like a problem with the hydaulics?

First things first.....

bleed it out...air may have gotten in the line when it was tipped (even tho you filled it afterward, it may have been too late)

Check the banjo fittings at both the clutch reservoir and slave cylinder down by the front sprocket for tightness and damage.

Always post what bike you're asking about.

Edited by Trailryder42

Check the banjo fittings at both the clutch reservoir and slave cylinder down by the front sprocket for tightness and damage.

ok so i bled it and that didnt seem to help to I brought tot the mechanic turns out its internal damage in the master cyclinder but the repair kits only 16€,

also my bike is a tm125 but I thought that since ktms have hydro clutches too id have more a chance of getting a good answer if i post here.. anyway i just post in the exotics forum from now on 🙂