Sign in to follow this  

How to make more power out of a quad?

Alright I have a 2013 raptor 350. That I keep ringing its neck for more power. Anything I can do to squeeze more power out of it? I ride trails. Climb hills and take some jumps but I climb hills great and jump pretty good too and can run through trails awesome wich is why I don't want a 450 or anything but I run through fields sometimes and am often times ringing its neck so is there anything I can do to get more power? I realize that a big bore kit and all that B.S. would help but I just don't have money for a big bore or anything of that price.. Only thing it's got on it now for aftermarkets is new holeshots all around and I have nerf bars.

Okay and if I take the lid off my air box the filter falls out and just shakes around in ther. Anything I can so to change that? And what's the best exhaust you've found? And I'm Gonna eBay the CDI boxes. But what do you mean a key from Vito's?

Okay and if I take the lid off my air box the filter falls out and just shakes around in ther. Anything I can so to change that? And what's the best exhaust you've found? And I'm Gonna eBay the CDI boxes. But what do you mean a key from Vito's?

buy a clamp on filter kit or a cfm aluminum airbox. i like gytr, hmf or yoshimura on the 350s. dont buy a cheap cdi box. its a timing key from vitos that advances the spark timing by 4 degrees across the rpm rance

buy a clamp on filter kit or a cfm aluminum airbox. i like gytr, hmf or yoshimura on the 350s. dont buy a cheap cdi box. its a timing key from vitos that advances the spark timing by 4 degrees across the rpm rance

okay I will look into the clamp for air box. I thought leaving te air box lid off would just kill the motor by things getting in the crank?

okay I will look into the clamp for air box. I thought leaving te air box lid off would just kill the motor by things getting in the crank?

no i dont see how that would happen unless you dont do anything with the breather and it sucks in water

Okay well I'm gonna take a look! It's storming real bad gear at my place now so ill to out to the garage a d check it out! Thanks!

Okay well I'm gonna take a look! It's storming real bad gear at my place now so ill to out to the garage a d check it out! Thanks!

Yep rolled past me first and flooded the lab at work

Yep rolled past me first and flooded the lab at work

were do you live at? We were in town for a little while before I got home today and the little mall parking lot was flooded there was cars that had Water up past there side view mirrors! I felt bad for those people!

Okay so it won't hurt anything to run no lid on my air box? I took it off and was running it today without it and it really made a noticeable difference. But I'm worried it could do damage.

Ok cool. It makes it a good bit louder also. And I'm gonna look into a pipe but I found a DG brand new for 189.99 on partzilla.com for my quad. Do you know if this is any good?

• Like 1

Also keep in mind you can alter your usable power for each type of terrain by changing sprockets. I run different tire and sprocket combinations for track / desert / dunes. 14/37 for desert 13/37 for track / 13/38 for dunes. Not that you would use these combinations but it's just an example. Sprockets are relatively cheap and easy to swap. Just remember you'll have to have a chain for each set up.

Well I run trails with some hill climbs and occasionally somewhere were I need a little top speed so what do you recommend? Idk what the stock setup is for my raptor off the top of my head but what would you suggest? And I run holeshots all the way around for tires.

Well I run trails with some hill climbs and occasionally somewhere were I need a little top speed so what do you recommend? Idk what the stock setup is for my raptor off the top of my head but what would you suggest? And I run holeshots all the way around for tires.

Leave gearing stock for now, dg is ok mostly just cheap and obnoxious

Leave gearing stock for now, dg is ok mostly just cheap and obnoxious

ok. Wasn't sure! But I think I'll buy a hmf or bug gun whenever I get 300$ around!!

Why dump money into a 350? It's never going to run like a stock 450 or even a 700 which are both all around better bikes. A 450 is lighter, faster, more powerful and has better suspension, breaks, ect. Instead of spending $300 for 1 hp consider riding ur 350 till you're tired of it and get a 450 or a 700. A 700 isn't any weaker then a 450 power wise and is a little more trail and maintaince friendly as well.