Sign in to follow this  

best plug to run in a 250 4t

What spark plugs do you guys run in your 250 4t's?

I've also heard of people ridin with their tps unplugged, does it make a change in performance?

Its really going to be specific to each bike. Each manufacture uses a certain plug for their engine design. There isn't one plug that us the best for all 4t bikes

Its really going to be specific to each bike. Each manufacture uses a certain plug for their engine design. There isn't one plug that us the best for all 4t bikes

Well its specific to an 03 yz250f but was just wondering if there's any other brands people run in those bikes besides the ngk's.

Well its specific to an 03 yz250f but was just wondering if there's any other brands people run in those bikes besides the ngk's.

I doesnt matter. Don't bother with those expensive plugs they don't work. If you buy the right $5 NGK for your riding condition and bike, it will give you the same result as a expensive plug. A spark is a spark. You don't need three sparks.

I doesnt matter. Don't bother with those expensive plugs they don't work. If you buy the right $5 NGK for your riding condition and bike, it will give you the same result as a expensive plug. A spark is a spark. You don't need three sparks.

True, i've never used anything besides NGK. Not even in my truck

That's not completely accurate. A different spark plug of the right design can provide a more efficient burn inside the cylinder due to more electrodes or a design that provides a larger spark. But these conditions are also dependent on a suitable coil and ignition system to provide enough voltage and amperage to take advantage of that design. In a stock engine using the OEM is the the best way to go unless you want to spend dyno time trying different plugs to make an unnoticeable difference. Though switching to certain types of plugs may not affect performance but could help with longevity. I'm not really a fan of messing with different plugs, but on a built high performance engines you would benefit from a different plug BC of the change in cylinder pressures and fuel rates, but again you would want it to go along with other ignition system components.

I got the NGK iridium plug so I dont have to change it as often.

Works at least as good as the copper one I pulled out.

Just a standard ngk in mine,dont buy in to the "multi tip" plugs......electricity will take the path of least resistance so i doubt the spark plug nor the elec. system on a bike can produce enough volts to make 2 sparks. Remember the old split fire plugs ...just another gimmick, I personally have never seen more than one spark on a plug ever. Diff types of conductor material in the plug may work better than conventional plugs.

My TTR250 uses either CR7E, CR8E or CR9E, depending on climate.

My WR400 uses the same plug aswell. It is a very common plug, don't believe me?- CLICK HERE

The Iridium plugs give a slightly better burn and therefor slightly increase power.

Edited by Barra8