Sign in to follow this  

2013 crf80 jetting for 6000' and above

been searching everywhere and I cant find any info on jetting this bike for elevation. it came with a 95 main, and bogs on hills. first gear sputtering, we live at 8000' above sea level and ride anywhere from about 6000' to well above tree line in a matter of minutes on some occasions. I cant find a formula or any advice on where to even start jet wise. is there anyone on here that could point me in the right direction for this lil bike? thanks in advance

so an update to this, turns out this 80 has different jets than the other keihin carbs. using the 9.5 correction I come up with a 90 main. these little jets are hard to come by up here for some reason. Honda dealer didn't know they were smaller than normal and so far there is only one local shop that can get them and knows there is a difference without the ol pull it an we'll take a look, oh they are different, myeah we don't have those.

so after buying the service manual for this bike I've learned a few things that may help some others out. Honda states that anything above 6500ft requires dropping the stock main from a 95 to a 90 and that the air/fuel screw needs to be turned out a 1/2 turn and can be fine tuned from there.