Sign in to follow this  

Suomy Helmets

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at this Suomy Mr Jump helmet.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373425121.110104.jpg

I was wondering what experiences y'all have had with this helmet? I know that it's supposed to be extremely light and run small, but I was wondering how it is as far as finish, quality, and durability go?

They're great helmets! I have a couple hundred hours on mine with no complaints! I have broke the visor once and replacement was about $80.....

Awesome! This particular model retails for something like $390 and I found an eBay store selling them for $260. How is the quality on them as far as comfort and padding?

Awesome! This particular model retails for something like $390 and I found an eBay store selling them for $260. How is the quality on them as far as comfort and padding?

The helmet size for me was spot on! The padding around the ear when the helmet is on has a weird feel to it. After about 30secs the weird feeling goes away and so does the whole helmet as you even forget its there.....its just so dam light!

If you ask someone what they think the helmet after they try it, 99% of them cant tell you because they forgot they had it on......

great helmet! sooo light doesn't even feel like your wearing it and the look pretty cool.

Sweet, thanks for the reply! Have you had any problems with yours?

Looks like I'll be ordering it at the end if the week then! I've had the same helmet for years and it's finally time to retire it, lol. It's literally falling apart on me!

The white rubber border around the helmet can get dirty pretty easily though. I have the bright orange one which comes with the black border....

Do you recommend a certain way to clean it? Since this will be the first really nice helmet I get, I want to keep it looking sharp! And do they come with any type of bag? The seller did not say whether or not they do.

Do you recommend a certain way to clean it? Since this will be the first really nice helmet I get, I want to keep it looking sharp! And do they come with any type of bag? The seller did not say whether or not they do.

Yes, they come with a nice padded form fitted bag.....as for cleaning I just throw the liner, cheek pads and strap pads in the washing machine (new space age washing machine) and then air dry them after their done washing. As for the rubber, just use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, they work great on restoring white surfaces.....

Alright, awesome! Thanks for all of your help, it's much appreciated! I'll be ordering it as soon as I get paid on Thursday! Oh, one more thing. How do goggles fit in it? My friend has a fox V1 helmet and he had to buy new goggles for it because the eye port was so wide that the normal sized goggles (just some cheap Spy's) sat all the way in the helmet instead of catching on it.

I got 509 aviators for sledding and they are huge but they fit nice and tight, I also go scott tubro flows and they work good for dirtbiking

I've owned a MR Jump now for 2 seasons, over a couple hundred hours as well. I second everything Monk says.

The helmet is so light that once you've worn one for awhile put any other helmet on your head and it feels like you're carrying rocks around.

Really helps with neck fatigue on 3hr Hare Scrambles. Not that I noticed fatigue before, but after the switch I noticed a huge difference in the way my neck muscles felt after a race.

• Like 1

Thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I look forward to racing hare scrambles soon, and it sounds like this helmet with be one that lasts a very long time! I can't wait to upgrade from my POS that's literally falling apart, lol.

Alright, awesome! Thanks for all of your help, it's much appreciated! I'll be ordering it as soon as I get paid on Thursday! Oh, one more thing. How do goggles fit in it? My friend has a fox V1 helmet and he had to buy new goggles for it because the eye port was so wide that the normal sized goggles (just some cheap Spy's) sat all the way in the helmet instead of catching on it.

Goggles are meant to form fit to the face, NOT to the helmet. That's why the foam is there to seal out stuff.

They're meant to sit against your face? I thought that they were supposed to sit back in the eye port, but kind of catch on the helmet?

Haha, wow. I never new that. I've been using goggles too big for my helmet for years then! Lol.

*knew

I've never had a suomy dirt helmet, but if their dirt helmets are anything like their street helmets....you shouldn't have one issue. The thing that I liked about the street helmets are that the color scheme/graphics were some of the "louder" ones out there. The "louder" helmets get you noticed. Being noticed is one way not to get hit by a dumb ass driving a car.

• Like 1

Just got my Mr Jump yesterday, quality is on par with my Moto 9 and it is soooo light haven't ridden with it yet but I'm sure I'll be happy

• Like 1