Sign in to follow this  

Drz400sm price check

Hey guys I'm a new member here and I really want a drz sm. I'm going to look at a black 07 with 10k on it. Looks clean and stock. They are asking 3500 , is that a good price for the bike. What are they going for?

Hell yeah that's a good price! I wouldn't sell mine for less than 5. Hopefully it's clean and well maintained

Of course price is dependant on condition and if I needs anything to be done immediately....like tyres, chain and sprockets, top end rebuild etc....

Take someone with you to look that bike that is savvy in "what to look for"...

ride it and see how it runs, check for smoking ,loud engine noises , chain condition ,colour of engine oil, coolant colour..etc

Ask to see receipts for maintenance , accessories and modifications..

I bought my 07 in Aug 2011 w/ 10,000 miles for $2,800. Picture is the day I rode it home. Needed tires, chain, sprockets, etc.

DSCF2308.JPG

"Needed tires"

No kidding! Look how cupped that front tire was! I've never seen that on a bike...

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying as you can not see the center profile of that tire in the picture to see "cupping". Those are Distanzia tires. They have an odd shape and are a deep tread dual purpose tire. I don't do dirt so I got rid of them.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying as you can not see the center profile of that tire in the picture to see "cupping". Those are Distanzia tires. They have an odd shape and are a deep tread dual purpose tire. I don't do dirt so I got rid of them.

Look at the leading edge of the tread vs the trailing edge on the front tire in that pic...the leading edge is raised higher. From this pic it appears to be about 1/8"...that is a "cupped" tread. I have Distanzia's also and that is not normal.

"needs nothing" always makes me think "OH YEAH, how about this and that" once I start finding problems with it. Like mirrors for starters. Handguard mirrors, pfft. Make sure he has all the oem parts, if not it was wrecked and replaced.

http://pittsburgh.cr.../3924573386.htm ::::: here's the link to the craigslist add let me know what you guys think

Your link still no worky, all i get is

Page Not Found

There is nothing here

No web page for this address

404 Error

Click on the link in my post #12 above it works

😛

Edited by Kioti