Sign in to follow this  

2007 crf 250 vs 2009 kx 250f

I picked up a 2007 crf 250 a couple months ago but I just can't seem to adjust to it. I came from a 2005 yz 125 and I find myself in between gears all the time on the honda now but the main thing is I just can't get comfortable on the bike there's something about its handling plus it just feels violent riding it when I try to push it hard. Just wondering what you guys thought and if it was worth it to pick up the kx 250f. I love mid to top end power with a good amount of over rev and a bike that I can steer with the back wheel and the honda just doesn't seem to do it so if any one has ridden a 2009 kx 250f any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Sounds like u need to go up a tooth or 2 in the back sprocket if u find urself in between gears..and as far as it feeling violent when u push it hard..sounds like ur suspension isn't set up for u...adjust the slow and fast rebound and compression front and back..maybe even go as far and adjusting the forks up or down in the triple clamps...

Sounds like u need to go up a tooth or 2 in the back sprocket if u find urself in between gears..and as far as it feeling violent when u push it hard..sounds like ur suspension isn't set up for u...adjust the slow and fast rebound and compression front and back..maybe even go as far and adjusting the forks up or down in the triple clamps...

Ya I was thinking about changing the sprocket but I adjusted the sag and suspension to my weight and style and it still has that same feeling, I just ordered swingarm and linkage bearings though since they sound like crap and it doesn't compress to smooth, could that be the problem? But I feel like the frame and weird position of the engine in the honda would affect the handling more since I've ridden an RMZ before and it felt so smooth so I do know if the KXF would feel more normal to me.

Ya I was thinking about changing the sprocket but I adjusted the sag and suspension to my weight and style and it still has that same feeling, I just ordered swingarm and linkage bearings though since they sound like crap and it doesn't compress to smooth, could that be the problem? But I feel like the frame and weird position of the engine in the honda would affect the handling more since I've ridden an RMZ before and it felt so smooth so I do know if the KXF would feel more normal to me.

Bearings could have a little to do with it. The main thing is it will take time to adjust to a new bike. You can't expect it to be instant. I know going from an 02 YZ 125 to my 06 YZ 125 was a weird difference, even though it's pretty much the same bike. Every bike out there will be and feel different. Give the CRF some time, I'm sure you'll end up liking it.

Coming off of a rmz the handling and cornering is not gonna be as good..in my opinion the rmz corners the best out of all the bikes...new triple clamp can make a big change in the corners I had a g3 on my crf and it made a huge change but still not as good as my rmz...like stated above tho...give it some time and def change sprockets

Take all the weight off the swing arm and try to move it side to side...if it has play then u need new bearings