Sign in to follow this  

Is this triple tree salvageable?

IMG_05571.jpg

IMG_05561.jpg

IMG_05581.jpg

The piece where the bearing is pressed on to is really messed up. Is it possible to get a new one of those pressed on? Because I can't find any '96 CR80 triple trees, and an OEM one is $177. Everything else on it is perfectly fine so I don't want to just trash it and buy a new one.

Take it to a shop and have them press out the stem. All the junk pieces will fall out. Replace the seal and bearing and have them press it all back together.

wow someone went to town with a screwdriver on that thing.

the answer is yes and you probably don't need a machine shop. you should be able to dremel the inner race out of there. Basically cut deep enough, but not all the way, then whack it with a flat head and it should split. Clean it up. Sand all the damage you did before. Slide new bearing and go ride.

wow someone went to town with a screwdriver on that thing.

the answer is yes and you probably don't need a machine shop. you should be able to dremel the inner race out of there. Basically cut deep enough, but not all the way, then whack it with a flat head and it should split. Clean it up. Sand all the damage you did before. Slide new bearing and go ride.

That's what I was thinking I could do. I would just need a bearing kit right? Can anybody link me to one?

30 pesos en eBay amigo.

You sure that's all I need?

Anyway, after some TLC here is the TT now,

Before:

IMG_05761.jpg

After:

IMG_05771.jpg

Edited by Whammy

You can freeze the whole thing then being very careful heat the bearing and using a bearing puller remove the old bearing inner part