Sign in to follow this  

RM250 Advice needed

I just got my hands on a 2006 rm250 and have stripped the whole bike apart. I'm going to have the frame powdercoated black, but I'm curious if matte black would be possible or would glossy be easier to maintain? Another option is to powdercoat the swingarm but I'm worried about the wear. Does anyone gave experience painting the swingarm?

Paint in hopeless. The frame I would meet somewhere around the middle, use a SATIN finish powder. Ive never tried a flat powder. but there are hardly any available compared to gloss and satin finishes. I imagine just like flat paint it would be a pain in the ass.

I saw your post of the picture on your rm 250, was it hard to mount the rmz front fender/number plate? I am wanting to do the same to mine.

I think I just measured out the distance from the rear holes on the fender to where the triples line up. I believe it doesn't end up being a flat spot on the fender. It's on a edge but if you drill the plastic so the insert washer can fit snug it will work fine. I had to move it around a bit so it would be straight.