KTM 250 xc to sx Cdi box , no difference !

I had previously put an sx box on an 09 XC 250 and it was dramatic , really woke the bike up. I just got a brand new SX box for my '13 XC 250, put it on and there is little to no difference ! There is no "mid to top" violence that i'd like . The bike doesn't run bad at anywhere at all, it's just kinda tame and very linear everywhere and not alotta hit . The bike doesn't scare me whereas the last xc I put an sx box , if you hit the throttle you had better be leaning forward... and as a plus, I could thumb switch back to "XC" mapping . I've heard of a few other people having the same results with new SX Cdi boxes. I have an SX head on the '13xc also.

Anyone know anything about this ? Does anyone have a ktm contact I could inquire about this ?

How much does KTM charge for a new CDI?

I put one of these on my RM250 and couldn't be happier.

http://www.vortexcdi.com/product_generic.php?cid=1

Choice of ten maps from hard hitting wild, to smooth linear maps for nasty terrain.

I see they don't list the 13 SX, but I would think there haven't been any major changes since 12 that it wouldn't work....

I guess an email to Vortex would confirm...

Hi,

KTm have been detuning the 250 between 2011 to 2013. (to make them more user friendly)

2011 - Had new cylinder with lower exhaust port for more bottom end power.

2012 - Had a new Vforce 4 reed with spacer for more bottom end.

2012- Due to the new linkage suspension, the air box is smaller. Less power.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by alex999