Sign in to follow this  

Motocross MXoN Team USA

Just for the sake of having something to debate due to an off (slow) week, Team USA should be:

MX1 - RV

MX2 - ET

MX3 - RD

I think these picks/positions are pretty much no brainers as long as there are no health issues, but what if - -

RV is injured - RD would surely move to the MX1 slot, but who rides MX3? JB, TC, JS? IMO Logical choice would be Barcia but Stewart's last race showed something, or a fluke? It will be interesting to see if JS can consistently run at speed while staying upright.

ET is injured - Logical choice is Baggett, but Osborne has 5 seasons on European soil and has shown some speed. ZO might be the better choice, considering he has more experience and is better accustomed to the FIM format, plus BB has stated that it takes a couple of days for his wrist to stop hurting, a luxury he won't have at MXoN (Qualification race Sat, Race Sun). Anyone else?

RD is injured - Same considerations as above for the backup 450. TC deserves a look, if not for 2 DNFs this season he would be right there in points with JB, and has shown top 5 speed all year long.

Anyone have any intell on when the team will be announced? Team USA needs redemption and should be ready to issue some payback to Germany on their own soil (Teutschenthal). :usa: :usa: :usa:

• Like 2

RV, ET, RD seems very logical and a team that will be very hard to beat.

As a 450 backup, I'd say Stewart or Barcia would be logical and 250 would have to be Baggett. Mitch needs someone there.

Osborne rode for Puerto Rico last year. Doesn't that disqualify him from riding for USA?

Also, as an Aussie, I think if Reed can get his act together for the race, we'll have Reed, Metty and maybe Moss?? Could be a strong team.

• Like 1

RV, ET, RD seems very logical and a team that will be very hard to beat.

As a 450 backup, I'd say Stewart or Barcia would be logical and 250 would have to be Baggett. Mitch needs someone there.

Osborne rode for Puerto Rico last year. Doesn't that disqualify him from riding for USA?

Also, as an Aussie, I think if Reed can get his act together for the race, we'll have Reed, Metty and maybe Moss?? Could be a strong team.

I'm no authority on the subject, but the FIM rulebook states that a rider must hold a valid passport issued by the country which he is riding for. ZO rode for PR (unincorporated territory) last year, but passport remains US so I believe he would be eligible to ride for US. :excuseme:

dont they announce MXoN at unadilla or?

Its going to hard to beat some GP riders and the German team on that track. There hasn't been a track like that on the AMA circuit in a while.

dont they announce MXoN at unadilla or?

That time frame would be about right, either there or Utah. MXoN isn't until Sept 28-29 this year.

If RV or RD gets injured then I say give the ride to Barcia. He's younger and in much better shape as far as injuries go compared to Stewart. If ET gets injured then What about Wil Hahn?

• Like 1

I would put Tyler Bowers as an alternate to ET if he could work himself into race shape.

Pass the blunt bro.... its hurting your brain

• Like 5

When did Tyler start posting here?

I agree with the 450 backup being Barcia over Stewie but the 250's is tough. I would say sending Zach is a safe bet since he is riding good and knows the track

• Like 3

Zach Osborne as the alternate 250 rider , or perhaps if we see a little more out of Wil Hahn the next few rounds he could be a candidate.

Tyler Bowers was a Good call to fill in for a round at the end of the SX season, not the represent America in MXoN. Wil Hahn or Zach Osbourne if Tomac is injured and can't ride.

Edited by TannerCRF250

Baggett? Hasn't he choked the Last 2 years? Please, somebody else but him... Bowers on the MXDN team or as an alternate is insane...

• Like 1

Hell even Jason Anderson has shown some blazing speed this year. Just needs to be a little more consistent.

• Like 1

Baggett? Hasn't he choked the Last 2 years? Please, somebody else but him... Bowers on the MXDN team or as an alternate is insane...

Correct on BB. His MXoN performances have been less than desirable. IMO, its time to give someone else an opportunity.

Baggett MXoN Results:

MX1/MX2 - 17th (lapped)

MX2/MX3 - 17th (lapped)

MX1/MX2 - 14th (lapped)

MX2/MX3 - 6th (lapped)

• Like 1

RV2 - MX1

Tomac - MX2

Barcia - MX3

If injury takes toll in the 450 class, it would be a toss up between RD, JS, and TC.

If injury occurs in the 250's, I'd take Hahn, then a toss up of Ozborne, J Martin, and Anderson.