MXoN Team USA

Just for the sake of having something to debate due to an off (slow) week, Team USA should be:

MX1 - RV

MX2 - ET

MX3 - RD

I think these picks/positions are pretty much no brainers as long as there are no health issues, but what if - -

RV is injured - RD would surely move to the MX1 slot, but who rides MX3? JB, TC, JS? IMO Logical choice would be Barcia but Stewart's last race showed something, or a fluke? It will be interesting to see if JS can consistently run at speed while staying upright.

ET is injured - Logical choice is Baggett, but Osborne has 5 seasons on European soil and has shown some speed. ZO might be the better choice, considering he has more experience and is better accustomed to the FIM format, plus BB has stated that it takes a couple of days for his wrist to stop hurting, a luxury he won't have at MXoN (Qualification race Sat, Race Sun). Anyone else?

RD is injured - Same considerations as above for the backup 450. TC deserves a look, if not for 2 DNFs this season he would be right there in points with JB, and has shown top 5 speed all year long.

Anyone have any intell on when the team will be announced? Team USA needs redemption and should be ready to issue some payback to Germany on their own soil (Teutschenthal). :usa: :usa: :usa:

• Like 2

RV, ET, RD seems very logical and a team that will be very hard to beat.

As a 450 backup, I'd say Stewart or Barcia would be logical and 250 would have to be Baggett. Mitch needs someone there.

Osborne rode for Puerto Rico last year. Doesn't that disqualify him from riding for USA?

Also, as an Aussie, I think if Reed can get his act together for the race, we'll have Reed, Metty and maybe Moss?? Could be a strong team.

• Like 1

RV, ET, RD seems very logical and a team that will be very hard to beat.

As a 450 backup, I'd say Stewart or Barcia would be logical and 250 would have to be Baggett. Mitch needs someone there.

Osborne rode for Puerto Rico last year. Doesn't that disqualify him from riding for USA?

Also, as an Aussie, I think if Reed can get his act together for the race, we'll have Reed, Metty and maybe Moss?? Could be a strong team.

I'm no authority on the subject, but the FIM rulebook states that a rider must hold a valid passport issued by the country which he is riding for. ZO rode for PR (unincorporated territory) last year, but passport remains US so I believe he would be eligible to ride for US. :excuseme:

Baggett? Hasn't he choked the Last 2 years? Please, somebody else but him... Bowers on the MXDN team or as an alternate is insane...

Correct on BB. His MXoN performances have been less than desirable. IMO, its time to give someone else an opportunity.

Baggett MXoN Results:

MX1/MX2 - 17th (lapped)

MX2/MX3 - 17th (lapped)

MX1/MX2 - 14th (lapped)

MX2/MX3 - 6th (lapped)

• Like 1