Sign in to follow this  

Rad valve vs V force 3

i have had both in hand, the v force was broken from a blown piston, replaced it with the rad valve one, just looking at the 2 and no performance numbers to back it up, the rad valve is a much nicer looking parts, i know looks don't mean anything about hp. just my 2 cents !

I've had tree '07 YZ250s, I still have two of them. I consider the V-Froce 3 to be a replacement part. It provides a difference. It just doesn't make a net positive difference.

I suppose if I had to buy an aftermarket reed valve. I'd try the Rad Valve. But like the stock pipe. The stock reed cage is a replace when damaged part. They are not going to make you a better rider and half an hour after to put an aftermarket one in, you forget if it really made any overall positive difference.

• Like 1

For me the V-force made it a little less fussy about jetting, and helped the off idle throttle response. Not earth shattering, but I think I would buy another one if I ever got a new bike.

For me the V-force made it a little less fussy about jetting, and helped the off idle throttle response. Not earth shattering, but I think I would buy another one if I ever got a new bike.

That was my experience too. But I think it limited over-rev just a little and had the occasional soft spot. That said, none of these effects were worth really worrying about. Sure if you buy one and installed it. You will probably like it. You will notice it benefits right away. It takes a while to identify it's shortcomings.

One thing I did do on one bike with a V-Force was get the bike jetted absolutely without a dead spot as it came on the main fuel circuit. You could burble fifth gear at ANY speed or throttle setting without it sputtering enough for you to have to intervene. I was never able to achieve that on the other two bikes. But I did I did it on that one with a V-Force.

Edited by shagger

The VF3 will add something to the lower/mid power. The Rad Valve will add something to the mid/top power.

Both are a bit of a performance gain, the Boyesen Rad Valve is quite a bit higher quality in construction.

That said, both my EG295 and YZ125 have the VF3 installed with genuine Yamaha OEM gaskets. The VF3 kit comes with some crummy gaskets.