Sign in to follow this  

1997 KDX 220R Baja Edition

Craigslist ad of the day.... at least IMO... I have never heard of it and I think he is just making it up to help market his one of many KDX220s.

Good looking bike none the less and I have always liked KDX220, my dad and bro both ride them and I have ridden them a number of times, again great bikes.

Looks like stock rubber, which is great if it really is, means low hours, lol if it is though.

Stock pipe and silencer, score... clean bike, for a 97 I wouldn't give him more than 1400 if it starts 1st kick. my dad got his 02 with lots of mods for 2200 4 years ago

Someone got the Maier rear fender instal a little off it appears.. 😏

Aftermarket strapped on headlight housing, and something that looks like an old school round bicycle speedometer in front of the bar. Little high on price for a '97 I would think, but overall not a bad looking bike.

Yeah, no such thing as a baja edition. I mean, seriously, any 200/220 KDX would be a poor choice for baja. They just don't have the top speed needed for any of the big baja events. So, why would Kaw make a baja edition? Answer, they wouldn't!

Oh y

Yeah, no such thing as a baja edition. I mean, seriously, any 200/220 KDX would be a poor choice for baja. They just don't have the top speed needed for any of the big baja events. So, why would Kaw make a baja edition? Answer, they wouldn't!

Oh yeah they do. I just saw one on craigslist just the other day.

• Like 1

The bike has a Baja Designs headlight with logo on it. Maybe thats what got him confused. Obvious low use bike owned by a dirt biker wannabe, no surprise he doesn't know what he's talking about.