Sign in to follow this  

whats the stock suspension weight set for?

i did not word the title that good at all, so heres what im asking. I have a 98 yz125 and im interested to trade it for a crf150r. Im about 130 lbs, do i need a revavle or what?

Re-valve or re-spring??? Yes you will need to re-spring for your weight. If you race MX and are faster than a "C" class you will need a re-valve. HS you can get by with stock valving unless you're a national rider carrying speed.

Depends on your riding style. I'm 150lb and can ride trails and low-air jumps just fine with stock suspension. (150rb)

If you are doing any serious MX, you will probably need to go a little stiffer than stock. The stock valving can handle slightly stiffer springs if you are on a budget, but chances are the suspension is due for servicing anyway, so it makes sense to do the valving to suit.

Back before I bought my bike and I was much closer to 150lbs, I borrowed my friends kids bike and I hated the stock suspension so much I refused to go more than a lap on it. It was so soft it was just horrible. So when I bought mine the first thing I did was re-spring it and re-valve it. The rear is sill a bit soft and I could go up to a 6.0 kg spring with a bit more valving from a 5.8.