Sign in to follow this  

'05 YZ250F - White Smoke Near Exhaust Port

When changing the oil, I followed the manual but still ended up with slightly too much oil in the motor on my YZ250F. After I noticed that oil was shooting out of the front of the motor, I realized the plug for the alternate decompression assembly had shot out, which seems to be common with these bikes. So instead of ghetto-rigging a plug, I bought a proper one and installed it. Now upon start-up (too afraid to run it any longer) some white smoke comes up from where the exhaust header meets the cylinder head. I also noticed a bit of vapor coming from the bend in the pipe, however, nothing at all comes out of the muffler. I can't tell whether or not it's residual oil from befor or if it's blow-by being produced in the cylinder and coming out. There also doesn't seem to be more smoke when I rev it higher and there's no difference in how the bike starts or revs. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Let it run a few minutes, the oil seaped down in the header flange a little. It will stop after a minute, or just rip the header off and clean it. It's not going to hurt anything. Just make sure your oil level is correct now