Why do quad riders hate dirt bike riders?

I don't know or care about the track scene but on the trails It's pretty easily summed up. Quads hate being run off the trails and buzzed by cycles and and general snorted at....until we get stuck in the mud and suddenly we're their best friend.

Bikers in general HATE losing tight trails or trying to haul ass on trails indented by quads. Getting caught behind a lost pod of Larry the Cable guy wanna be's that don't pull aside is fun too.

But that's it. Doesn't matter which is easier or harder. Way too many variables make that question impossible to answer. But the average 4 wheeler isn't made to be a killer like the average offroad bike. 

I ride three wheelers so I hate both quads and bikes!!

Is amazing look at the thread in dirtbike forums vs this one... Both have plenty of pricks on both sides

I guess your in the middle. Nobody likes you, but nobody hates you lol.
  • Like 1

Quads are 10x easier to ride. It's like sitting on your couch, you don't have to worry about leaning in, lines, ruts or anything like that. You just sit there and push your stupid thumb throttle. Anyone can ride a quad, that's why they seem to attract most of the idiots, because those idiots in a lot of cases can't handle anything without training wheels. 

I find this retarded seriously who cares if having fun on either one my friends have quads and dirtbikes we get along and ill tell you sumthing i am sure glad they have quads they can tow me and help me bum start ?

• Like 1

Quads are 10x easier to ride. It's like sitting on your couch, you don't have to worry about leaning in, lines, ruts or anything like that. You just sit there and push your stupid thumb throttle. Anyone can ride a quad, that's why they seem to attract most of the idiots, because those idiots in a lot of cases can't handle anything without training wheels.

um ever rode a sport quad? No leaning? don't have to worry about lines? Or ruts? Post like this is why, even tho I ride a dirtbike now, ill stay away from other people that do, lotta elitist morons... Edited by Jem450R
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just SITTING on my couch, doing nothing i guess....

010-11.jpg

ewiz.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think there will ever be enough quad riders anywhere to justify building a separate track just for them. Which sucks, but it seems to be the truth. I don't understand why more people don't race quads, I mean quads outsell bikes by a lot, so you'd think there would be more than 20 or 30 quads at an event that gets 200+ bikes. Hell, I'm thinking of switching completely over to bikes because I'm sick of people saying I have no skill and can't ride a bike because I ride a quad, and people yelling at me as I pass them or they pass me and the track, and not being allowed at most tracks. so I wouldn't be surprised if other quad racers feel the same.

I felt the same way when I used to ride quads. When I would pass someone on trails or track, they would usually come up to me in the pits with nothing nice to say. If someone would pass me in the trails, I would never hear the end of it. Every one hates the quad riders no matter what they do. Maybe it is because they are set in their ways and quads are always the a-holes, maybe not...Either way I really did not care and still don't...I would love to own another quad if there was somewhere to ride it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an ignorant statement ...

Quads do take skill to race...either track or trail. 

But this is a perfect example as to why both side argue.

I raced mx for years on both.

The "couch" will wear you out faster and is harder to complete a moto on.

I also raced offroad and again can find the same statement true.

I don't care what you ride...neither is an excuse to be an &%$#@!...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I ride both, and like both for different reasons.

I vastly prefer the feeling of two wheels for riding at speed, it just feels so much better and more natural around corners and over bumps and stuff. When it comes to crawling along tight trails, a quad is better IMO because of the low-speed stability of four wheels. I have to agree with the previous posts about quads being for fat redneck girls though. Sorry quad guys, it's just what I observe. Every crowd has it's jerks though, don't take it personally. 

If I'm riding to the beach with just a fishing pole, then it's the dirtbike every time. If I'm hunting, prospecting, or doing some yard work, then the quad is the way to go.

As a dirt bike rider, I don't seem to enjoy quad encounters.  There are many great uses for quads and there are plenty of people who are great at riding them. However, the majority of those I come in contact with are still in the parking lot showering everyone's truck with rocks, and/or, are making it super obvious where hidden single track is.  There are also the same type of people that ride dirt bikes that can make the same impressions on quad riders.  We are blessed to have a great riding area where I live that accommodates bikes, quads, and trucks. So as long as everyone has a place to ride, there SHOULD be no problems. But those people who can't just ride like an adult make it difficult for everyone to get along.  

Edited by Russhole

didnt read most of this, mostly cause im aware this is a stupid argument on both sides and youre all wasting time, but i felt i should make you all aware, if youve never ridden a 3 wheeler, its time to, i dont mean a big red or an atc110, i mean an atc250r or yamahas tri-z 250 or whatever its called, ive ridden all 3, and the three wheelers are the sketchiest, scariest most uncontrollable things to ride there are, on trails, nevermind on a track, near me theres a sandy, destroyed, rutted out off cambered track in the woods, and my friend has an atc250r and destroys all the people that come to that trash track, quads, bikes, 450s, 250s, those trikes are crazy vehicles, and people who can ride them fast around a track pretty damn crazy aswell, moral of the story, get/ride a race 3 wheeler, because its different than both