Why do quad riders hate dirt bike riders?

There's a thread on wby dirt bikers hate quad riders so let's see your view.

Because we are insanely badass and a quad rider could never be on our level. Hahaha, just playing. I spent a lot of time on a Brute Force 750 when I was younger, it was tricked out with Gorilla Axles and huge mud tires. The thing was an absolute beast. I would love to have a similar setup now for making dirtbike trails, I could just use the 4-wheeler to ram the trails.

Because we are insanely badass and a quad rider could never be on our level. Hahaha, just playing. I spent a lot of time on a Brute Force 750 when I was younger, it was tricked out with Gorilla Axles and huge mud tires. The thing was an absolute beast. I would love to have a similar setup now for making dirtbike trails, I could just use the 4-wheeler to ram the trails.

HAHA.I love how you say "when I was younger" as if you are old. Brute force arent even that old.

My view.. I have both and have always had both.

On a quad I hated dirt bikers because they act as if they are somehow better, looking down on quad riders because they like riding on 4 wheels better. I hated dirt bikes because they are faster and allowed to go more places than quads. There is way more motocross tracks for bikes than there is quads.

On my bike, I look at most quad riders as posers, or lazy people who cant ride on two wheels. I hate seeing a trucks plastered with FOX stickers roll into wallmart parking lot with a old azz dysfunctional Yamaha blasters or warriors all torn apart in the back, dragging it around to show it off and for no other reason. I also hated spending hours working on the best dirt bike obstacle section in the woods only to have some lazy quad rider come through trespassing and tear it all up and rip all my jumps and obstacles apart.

Quads and bikes is a relationship that will never work. Riding both I see both sides of the story and realize its black and white.

Since I ride both quad and dirt bike am I considered Bi-moto? :devil:

THEN...I also ride a street bike

OH MY EFF'N GOD!!! :jawdrop:

Quads are for hunting, plowing, females, rednecks and men 40 and over:p

HAHA.I love how you say "when I was younger" as if you are old. Brute force arent even that old.

My view.. I have both and have always had both.

On a quad I hated dirt bikers because they act as if they are somehow better, looking down on quad riders because they like riding on 4 wheels better. I hated dirt bikes because they are faster and allowed to go more places than quads. There is way more motocross tracks for bikes than there is quads.

On my bike, I look at most quad riders as posers, or lazy people who cant ride on two wheels. I hate seeing a trucks plastered with FOX stickers roll into wallmart parking lot with a old azz dysfunctional Yamaha blasters or warriors all torn apart in the back, dragging it around to show it off and for no other reason. I also hated spending hours working on the best dirt bike obstacle section in the woods only to have some lazy quad rider come through trespassing and tear it all up and rip all my jumps and obstacles apart.

Quads and bikes is a relationship that will never work. Riding both I see both sides of the story and realize its black and white.

Lmfao, I'm only 16. I meant back when I was in middle school I would ride my uncles brute force a lot. I honestly like riding both bikes and ATV's. Though I no longer have access to a 4-wheeler. But you can still do some crazy stuff on an ATV! Although, I definitely wouldn't want one destroying my bike trails.

Since I ride both quad and dirt bike am I considered Bi-moto? :devil:

THEN...I also ride a street bike

OH MY EFF'N GOD!!! :jawdrop:

Be careful posting that, some scientist might kidnap you for an examination!

I ride both .....

I hate myself !!!!!

I ride both also. But at the track I'm smoking dirt bikes all day long I have dirt bikes for freeriding in the desert or single track but I'll love quads more than dirt bikes forever!

People like you are why I dont like dirt bike riders... And yet I still own dirt bikes. Answer me this, quads take more strength than dirt bikes to ride at high intensity in a race setting, so how does that make them for girls and older people?

People like you are why I dont like dirt bike riders... And yet I still own dirt bikes. Answer me this, quads take more strength than dirt bikes to ride at high intensity in a race setting, so how does that make them for girls and older people?

training wheels :p

real men like trikes

dirt bikers have balance and coordination which makes me jealous and they have to be sober to ride which I cant do.

glad you put the comma there

dirt bikers have balance and coordination which makes me jealous and they have to be sober to ride which I cant do.

do not. Practice my man, practice :)

P5200001_zpsd3b6d4db.jpg

Edited by Slackkinhard

After racing both I can tell you quads might be heavier, but they are less tiring on your body. I can run my quads flat out for hours, once I get tired I can just point and shoot. On the bike its not as easy as point and prey, you still have to fight gravity to keep it upright and wrestle all 230lbs while doing it. The more tired you get the more you hit the ground having to pick the weight up again and again. On my quad if I wreck I usually just have to hit the start button and go.

Edited by mxmaddman

After racing both I can tell you quads might be heavier, but they are less tiring on your body. I can run my quads flat out for hours, once I get tired I can just point and shoot. On the bike its not as easy as point and prey, you still have to fight gravity to keep it upright and wrestle all 230lbs while doing it. The more tired you get the more you hit the ground having to pick the weight up again and again. On my quad if I wreck I usually just have to hit the start button and go.

Well, that hasn't been my experience but we all experience things differently. I will say though, the smoother the track is, the less tiring it is to ride a quad around vs a bike, but the rougher the track is, the more tiring it is to ride a quad compared to a bike because you are controlling a lot of extra weight, and also have 2 wheel paths instead of just one so if there are uneven bumps you are basically hitting twice as many bumps as on a bike.

Once again, this is just my experience, and I do know a lot of people who agree with me on it though, including a 2 time AMA ATV motocross national champion who has also ridden dirt bikes quite a bit.

Well, that hasn't been my experience but we all experience things differently. I will say though, the smoother the track is, the less tiring it is to ride a quad around vs a bike, but the rougher the track is, the more tiring it is to ride a quad compared to a bike because you are controlling a lot of extra weight, and also have 2 wheel paths instead of just one so if there are uneven bumps you are basically hitting twice as many bumps as on a bike.

Once again, this is just my experience, and I do know a lot of people who agree with me on it though, including a 2 time AMA ATV motocross national champion who has also ridden dirt bikes quite a bit.

If you put all you got into any of these activities....how much more can you give? Kind of a pointless argument

Maybe we should also break it down into subcategories with truck brands included.

Who really cares what anybody else rides?? As long as we aren't sitting on a couch playing Xbox.

I'm beginning to see why the US is falling behind third world countries in anything related to intelligence after reading topics like this.

I'm a dirtbiker, and I don't hate quad riders (unless they try to go over a steel bridge made for bikes, and get stuck half way across and are in my way). In many ways I give quad riders props for living more dangerously than me. I like to live dangerously, but not that dangerously! Here in Washington state we have hills, lots and lots of off camber hills. On my dirtbike I'll try any hill climb, and off camber is no big deal, if I start to tip over, I set the bike down and get my bearing before I pick it back up. On a quad, you are trapped, and you will roll, and you will hurt, and you might break your back or neck doing it. So props! I can't commit to a steep hill or off camber on a quad no way!

I don't know that I hate quads, what I hate is when someone riding a quad destroys a trail with insane rut's or is on a trail obviously too small for his/her quad is stuck blocking the whole trail and looks at you with that "I have no F'ing idea what to do now" look when you come up on them. (quick story, I came up on this incident when riding with my son in SOCAL, I parked my bike in the tree's, asked if I could help, told him I could ride it out of there, dude said yeah sure he was pretty spent, me and my son turned the quad around, I rocked it back and forth then caught traction and rode it about 1/4 mile back to the trail junction and left it right next to the sign that said two wheel vehicles only, I had to walk back but the look on the dudes face when I told him where his quad was was priceless.)

Edited by NVR2L8

ok to sum it up in the least amount of words i can muster up to explain the bad blood...

first off dirt bikes started motocross...not 4 wheelers

second..they tend to ruin the track for dirt bikes by pushing all the good top soil 20 feet off the side of the track when they do the flat track move in the turns..although if it is muddy dirt bike riders love quad riders because they can be the spounge to clean up the mess on the track better than bikes..while i am not a big fan of deep ruts they tend to help dirt bikes in turns and the quads tend to blow out or flatten all the ruts and make it like blue grooved in a turn which is hard for knobbys to bite....they also have two rear wheels and tend to kick up more dust and rocks than just single bike tire.

third: this one is important to understand the issue at hand.....3 and 4 wheelers were created to get people that DO NOT have the skill set to ride a dirt bike into the market so the factory can sell more units by opening their customer base to include people that can't or don't want to ride dirt bikes...your gandmother can ride a quad...i have raced since 1972 and have seen many things come and go in this induistry..i also raced jet skis for a few years..stand up jet ski's....they started the pwc racing and it take a certain amount of skill to ride one of those and go fast...but again..small demograpjhic customer base there...then comes the big floating love seats they make now for jet skis and again..anyone can ride them..stand up riders will tell you that you ski how you pee..you either stand up or you sit down..which one are you?? when the floating love seats became popular the problems for jet skis got very large mainly becasue now anyone can ride them..it is very hard to ride a stand up ski holding a beer if you get my drift...so to appeal to the masses you now have a larger portion of azzz wholes on the water and now comes more rules and regulations where once you could set up a bouy course and practice with your race buddies now you have to stay 100 feet away from each other..how do you practice like that??so to make long story short..stand up jet ski riders dont care to much for sit down riders becasue they created many problems for them...same with 4 wheelers...anyone can ride them and they bring with them a larger number of jerk effs.....all you have to do is watch the pit area and see who is in the stone area doing donuts or riding fast in the area where no one wants all that dust in thier trucks...not saying dirt bikes dont do the same sometimes but the majority of them are on quads...they also love to hear just how loud that new $700 pipe sounds and love to rev it up in the pit area to impress themselves.

i have never raced a 4 wheeler but i have raced a 3 wheeler and i have worked in this industry before there were 4 wheelers and i do think they are cool..just not my thing...i am 50 years old and i own a yz450f 2010 model so they guy saying 4 wheelers are for guys over 40..that is bs..i very much would love to have a 4 wheeler..but i want a big 4wd mountain climber to play on...not to jump over a 100ft table top...the mx bike is the perfect tool for mx...the 4 wheeler is the perfect tool for many many things but in my opinion and for my desire..they are not the best tool for mx...i have no problem with them riding mx i just think that the tracks need to seperated and dedicated to each type of tool...when you force mix the two..tempers will flare...attitudes will form and hatred and discontent will occur.....yes the dirt bikers think they are better than you becasue it TAKES MORE SKILL TO RIDE A DIRT BIKE THAN A 4 WHEELER...and i am not saying riding a 4wheeler is easy.....but hands down it takes more skill to ride a dirt bike fast than a 4wheeler fast...i have riden every 4 wheeler ever made at one point or another and i can push it much harder longer on a quad anyday over my bike..i dont have to keep my balance..i dont have to worry about ruts..i dont have to do mcuh more than ster it and gas it and make sure my body weight is right and on certain tracks the quads can go faster than dirt bikes because of the required technique to ride a dirt bike fast over rough terrain....

i dont know that either side hates each other as per say...but when you force the two together on the same track..issues will arrise....most times the dirt bike rider wont ever come back to the track that lets the quads out on the track they ride on....i dont see tracks letting bmx riders out on the track the dirt bikes ride so why do the same to either of these groups?? dedicate a track for quads and a track for bikes and there will be peace in the world...