Sign in to follow this  

NewHampshire Anyone out there racing JDAY Offroad series?

I've been out of riding for a few years know and been doing some research on offroad racing. JDAY seems to be the one to race in. Anyone have any comments on how the series is? Prob looking at the vet class. I've seen A,B AND C not really sure what one to go in. Been riding my whole life and can keep up with the younger guys. Suggestions please.

Hit everyone this year ! Do the online signup thing and spend about 35 seconds in line. Only you know how fast your gonna go. You can always self promote forward but its harder to go backwards. Started in C Sr and plan on staying in it until I go over 50.

Next trip is up to Maine for two days and they let you camp for free if that's your thing. These things run well and tend to stay rather close to the start times. They also have results posted in under 30 min of the finish. If you look fast at the score board you will know each lap your place as you pass the gate.

Stop by and say hey #915

Do one of these sooner rather than later !

IMG951132.jpg

Thanks for the input. I'll have to go to a race and find out what class I should be in. I tried the online thing and it said was disabled. I'll have to give them a call.

You can join on line but you will have to wait until the week of the race to sign up. Your looking for membership registration not pre race entry. Sometimes it is not always open.

If you have any questions call John ,he is good to talk to.

I tried again to sign up online. Still disabled. I just sent them an email. Hopefully, they get back to me. I'll be going to the Maine race.Not sure what day? Hopefully get some good ideas on what guys are taking to the races. What class you running Senior C?

Yep Sr C and soon I can back up one row and start with the girls and old guys. The fasters bikes on the track are the pro 125 class. From what I can tell most guys like a smoker better in the woods.

The old guy classes are fast as most have done this for years. I run a 2013 wr125 Husky with the 144 kit and could not be happier with it. I still get smoked by someone on a old KDX as it is the right tool for the job. My bike is fast enough to get the job done with someone else on it, got a few thing that get in my way at my age.

With what I know now any 125-200cc smoker is a great choice for this type of racing and them KTMs have e-start ! We do a dead engine start,the big thumpers don't always fire right up on the first kick. I thought my 144 would be under gunned but as I have learned we don't get much long straight anything that big h/p comes into play.So light weight easy to ride bike helps me finish a 30 min moto with some left for the next one.

If you come up stop by at 10:20 and 2:20 and watch them 125s run !

definitely start in C class... i had a buddy do a HS with me who has been riding all his life, he said he wanted to enter the A class cause he new some A racers and can hang with them trail riding. i convinced him to enter b class with me. he got last place and threw up in his helmet less than halfway though.....lol.

• Like 1

I love the Series!! I race moto and trails and it seems to be the perfect combination for me! Great organization, great people, and awesome courses! I race Open B class, but I crashed and got hurt in the First Round. Hope to be back soon!

I'll be heading out to Hemonds this weekend. Not racing. Just going to check it out. I just signed up. Waiting to hear back to see if my number got approved.

I'll be heading out to Hemonds this weekend. Not racing. Just going to check it out. I just signed up. Waiting to hear back to see if my number got approved.

Oh just enter, unless you like watching races. You will get all your questions answered faster by racing than watching us ride by. Its the most fun you will have with your pants on !

Oh just enter, unless you like watching races. You will get all your questions answered faster by racing than watching us ride by. Its the most fun you will have with your pants on !

1+there lol. Ya just go out and do it!