Sign in to follow this  

How To Bend Back Handle Bars?

i've never had success trying to bend bars back. check out some good online retailers like thumpertalk and rockymountain, and buy a couple sets for the next time you crash :ride:

• Like 1

IMO- Handlebars should not be straightened as it makes them weak and could crack/break. May not seem like a biggie until you are in the air and land face first into what is left of the handlebars.

• Like 1

Have you tried loosening the triple clamps off to see if your alignment is out? It may not be bent handlebars as the forks can twist in the triple clamps.

I had luck bending my handle bars back using a bench vise & a rubber mallet to bend them back (clamped using wood to protect the bars) This will work for fairly minor bends. There should be a post on this site from a couple of months ago showing pictures of my bent bars.

Barra8 has the right idea. if the bars have a good bend in them, they should be replaced, at least with a good used bar. Especially if you ride the bike hard.

Good luck,

Mark

If you have the stock TTR bars you can just wrap your pinky around them and give a light pull.

Buy new bars!!!

• Like 1

My son when younger crashed our TTR125 hard in the sand and bent the triple clamps, I took the triple clamps off set them on a piece of glass to check the flatness of the holes and they were twisted bad. He had already replaced the bars from another crash with Renthal aluminum bars and the they were ok. So we found out the triple clamps are weaker than a good set of bars. If it is your handle bars I wouldn't straighten them, especially if they are the stock bars. I did bend a set of aluminum bars straight and was not a good idea, they broke on the next small crash.ttr125bars006.jpg