Sign in to follow this  

Replacing rear swing arm bushings with bearings

I am working on fixing the 110l for my 85lb. son. As many of you know it is way to stiff!!! My questions are how many of you have replaced the swing arm bushings with bearings. How much did it help? Is there anything wrong with doing this? And why would Kawasaki use bushings to mount a swing arm in the first place?

I'm in the same boat- I recently picked up an '11 (standard, not the L model) and have already checked into replacing the swing arm bushings and rear shock. After removing the shock I did'nt find the bushings caused as much resistance as I was led to believe so they're going to stay in for now. Instead I'm looking at buying a replacement shock and changing out the spring if necessary. I have the tools to remove the OEM spring from the stock shock but I have'nt had any luck locating a softer spring for the non-L model.

I am working on fixing the 110l for my 85lb. son. As many of you know it is way to stiff!!! My questions are how many of you have replaced the swing arm bushings with bearings. How much did it help? Is there anything wrong with doing this? And why would Kawasaki use bushings to mount a swing arm in the first place?

By the way, you posted earlier you changed out the rear spring with one you got from Peak Velocity - did'nt that help?

For some reason replacing the spring is difficult for most shock companies. Peak velocity was a huge help with the shock and has many option. The swing arm now moves now but just not enough. I am just trying to figure out the bushings. As they wear they should get looser and then it's a new issues with the spring rates. I want something constant