Sign in to follow this  

06 Crf250r Puffs a little smoke when accelerated,when cold why?

3Kd3Fd3J45E15J25M1d3e5a692a8e55591dd2.jpgMy 06 crf250 puffs white smoke when I give it a little throttle when its cold, stops when its hot.Some history if it helps: I have about 5-10 hours on a new SS valve job. Maybe 20-30 hours on Piston and rings. Also added used Yosh Mufflers that were kind of beat and I cleaned up and made nice. Packing I'm assuming is shot but didn't bother repacking. Never did it with stock mufflers. Could it just be the Mufflers?, is it something to worry about? or could it be internal?

When you did the valves, did they also replace the valve guide seals? Normally a little, or a few, puffs of blue smoke on start up are the result of leaking valve guide seals. If the seals were not changed, that's where I would start. Also, if you have the old valves that were taken out you can look at them and tell if oil was leaking past the valve guide seals as there will be contamination stuck to the back of the valve.

What kawabuggy said. Intake and exhaust valve seals are different sizes. Easily installed incorrectly if not paying attention. Creating blow by.

white smoke is normal on a cold motor, nearly every motor will puff it out when its cold, its generally condensation inside the exhaust, and can be steam, i own 7 bikes and they all do it when its cold, as you rev it and back it off. don't worry about it. most people don't notice it and that's why they are saying oil, oil is a darker blue/grey smoke anyway.

white smoke is normal on a cold motor, nearly every motor will puff it out when its cold, its generally condensation inside the exhaust, and can be steam, i own 7 bikes and they all do it when its cold, as you rev it and back it off. don't worry about it. most people don't notice it and that's why they are saying oil, oil is a darker blue/grey smoke anyway.