Sign in to follow this  

Why do you ride?

I saw a Yamaha commercial awhile ago that said "we asked YZ riders why they ride", I think it's a broad topic that can be answered many ways with many opinions, but I wanted to ask everyone, Why Do You Ride? What makes it special to you?

I myself like...wait....let me rephrase that, I LOVE riding because it gives me a happiness that nothing else ever could, it gives me a sense of confidence and freedom, I also love riding because it gives me a chance to bond with my family and friends and make many lasting memories

• Like 1

Because I don't have a girlfriend saying I can't!

Hahahaha me either man! And it feels good! Sometimes I'll sneak my air filter past my mom into the kitchen to clean it in the sink

• Like 5

Its my escape from people and life. I hate people. You don't find many out in the woods, or at least none that can pester you while you fly by.

• Like 12

I ride motorcycles because they haven't came out with a working hoverboard yet.

And I could've sworn that in Back To The Future they said we would have them by 2012!

I ride because it's not as expensive as having my own dirt mod race car. Bike is still a money pit. Race car of my own some day...

• Like 1

There is an old joke that goes – Why is divorce so expensive? Because it’s worth it!!!

The same fuzzy logic applies to motorcycles – it’s worth it to be doing something positive in life and rid yourself of the pitfalls and headaches of others.

Just stay away from Harleys. Old joke – What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirt bag on it!!!

By the time those hoverboards make it to reality, I’ll be old to ride one???

Happy trails everyone. :ride:

• Like 2

Because when I ride I forget everything..it's just me and my bike..no worries or ppl bitching..no time to think about problems..just react...everything just fades away

• Like 7

Its my escape from people and life. I hate people. You don't find many out in the woods, or at least none that can pester you while you fly by.

I was on vacation with my mom and sister and I was reminded of how much I hate people. I'd much rather work on my bike in my barn with some music than sit on a beach with tons of people on it. Dirt bike people are usually pretty cool although.

On to the OP,^ the guy over my post got it 100%right.

Edited by Yz4481f
  • Like 7

Because when I ride I forget everything..it's just me and my bike..no worries or ppl bitching..no time to think about problems..just react...everything just fades away

This is my answer as well. Nothing makes the day to day worries and stress disappear like getting out on the trails.

Even going out carving on the street bike doesn't do it fully but the dirt bike completely takes over my thoughts and concentration.

• Like 2

it keeps me from going crazy. i work all week then i need something to help me relieve some stress on the weekends. well my girlfriend helps with that but riding helps me relieve the stress that she causes me 👍

1. It is a guaranteed fun time
  2. I don't have to rely on other people to go out and have a kickass time on my dirtbike
  3. It involves zero drama (no girl being upset that I don't want to date her after our 1 nighter)
  4. I can always rely on my dirtbike to be loyal as well as reliable.
  5. It keeps me out of trouble
  6. It won't cheat on me with my best friend (that sh*t happened to me once)
  7. It keeps me active. Very super really extra active.
  8. It gives me motivation to have a job/money
  9. It is a good social network to dabble in. The people I meet at tracks have money and connections. It's how I got both of my current jobs.

• Like 6

I ride because it takes a lot of confidence and strength to get on the iron horse every weekend and let it all hang out. It keeps me focused