Sign in to follow this  

What bike should i get

Hello everyone my name is mike, i currently own and ride a 1996 yz 250 the bike is VERY fast and rips but just recently with my new job i want to buy another bike i want to keep the yz. I was thinking about getting a four stroke this time around either a 250f or 450f but i am undecided at the moment my question is will i be disappointed from lack of power on a 250f and therefore get a450f? I can handle my yz very well and have been riding for years i really don't know what to get never rode four stroke before except little trail bikes. Thank you all reading my ridiculous long question

Whats your budget. That will determine if a 4t is right for you. They cost a lot more than the 2t's do. You may see a lot of "well priced" 4t's for sale, but a lot of them are beat to hell and will just be a money pit. The only way I would go the 4t route is if I bought new or almost new. Like 2010+.

Looking to spend 2500 seen a couple of 08 /07 kx250f around that only 450 in that price range our 05 /06 in my area would the kx be good for its year

Dk t get a 250. You're gonna feel way underpowered.. Get either a older 450(04-07) or a Ktm 300 2stroke. Maybe even a 07 and up yz250? Just a newer better version of your bike now.

Dont get a 450 unless you can get a nice newer model 09+.

Dk t get a 250. You're gonna feel way underpowered.. Get either a older 450(04-07) or a Ktm 300 2stroke. Maybe even a 07 and up yz250? Just a newer better version of your bike now.
meant don't get a 250 not dk t get a 250. Sorry

Yea, id stay away from older 4t's. With your budget you could find a very nice 250 2stroke. I think thats the way you should go.
agreed that or a newer Ktm 300

Mike, your not going to find the 450 you want in your price range. With 3000 you will be better off. Don't feel like you have to get a 450 tomarow either. Have patience on Craigslist. Dont be afraid to go out to a dealer and ask them if they have any used 450s in the back or ask them what they will do for you if you buy new either.

As I see it, you don't want a 250.

Well as i see it im going to save sone more money and buy a newer 450 but the cornering and handling the weight of a 450 is it tiring and hard? Personally i like to ride trails and do track on occasions