Sign in to follow this  

Renthal Bar Bend Help

Can someone explain to me how to look at the bar bend charts? I cannot seem to understand what the difference between rise and height? It appears they are one with eachother, if the rise is taller so must the height?

I am coming from a YZ450 in which case the Windham protaper bars were my favorite. Is the Renthal 604-01 closest to the Windham bend?

Here is where I'm at. I have a 13 rmz450 and the stock bar isn't too far off for me. I feel slightly cramped while standing, that is pretty much it. I am 6'0".

If the rise and height are close to the same number there is less angle to the bar in the vertical. The larger the difference the more the bar "angles up". This is really noticable if you rotate bars forward like a freestyle goon.

Just stick with KW bend, perfect on RMZ for your height. IMHO anyone 5'10" or taller will love KW bend.

What bend for a shorter guy say 5' 8" would you guys recommend?

• Like 1

I have always run PT Windhams. I actually chose to run the stock ones to keep me a hair lower and in the attack position more....in theory! Anyone other taller guys still running stock. I am 6'1" btw

I have always run PT Windhams. I actually chose to run the stock ones to keep me a hair lower and in the attack position more....in theory! Anyone other taller guys still running stock. I am 6'1" btw

What number do you have them set at? I remember from years ago learning that the angle of the bar should not be forward of the angle of the fork, but I can get comfortable with the stock bar unless they are on like 1.2 or 2?

I have them just a hair forward from the even position. But I agree they shouldn't be up much at all. I am so anal about my controls and having them even is important...I can't believe how some good riders push them forward with the ends up. I mean you gotta be able to get on the binders and be able to be pushing against the handlebars to maintain form.

So yes I have been running the low stock bars with success.

One more thing....and you guys can make fun of me for this...

Two grip donuts on the throttle side:rolleyes:

Edited by mikerides33

I have them just a hair forward from the even position. But I agree they shouldn't be up much at all. I am so anal about my controls and having them even is important...I can't believe how some good riders push them forward with the ends up. I mean you gotta be able to get on the binders and be able to be pushing against the handlebars to maintain form.

So yes I have been running the low stock bars with success.

One more thing....and you guys can make fun of me for this...

Two grip donuts on the throttle side:rolleyes:

Can you tell me what number you have them on?

.5......I mean just a smidge past 0.

awesome..thanks very much!

I run the KTM 827 bend. Its like a higher straighter rmz bar. You can get like 1 or 2 washers under bar clamps to raise bars if needed. On my rm250 I like the stock Rmz bars.on my rmz250 I run the 827 at a lower height. On my rmz450 I run the 827 bar with 2 washers. Out of all my bikes the rmz450 I'd the most cramped but for some reason it is comfortable. I feel it is one of the reasons it handles so well. I put a tall seat on my rmz450 and it felt awkward. The rm250 and the rmz250 ergos are similar and I like a tall seat. The rm250 feels longer than both rmz's.

For @bnyfe, shorter guy bar question...stock Yz bar is very low, lots of sweep though (for modern times). Have you seen a Carmichael bend? Very low and very straight.

For @bnyfe, shorter guy bar question...stock Yz bar is very low, lots of sweep though (for modern times). Have you seen a Carmichael bend? Very low and very straight.

Used to love the YZ bar but don't want more sweep (especially on the Suzuki). Thanks for the advice...going to check out an RC bend tomorrow!