Sign in to follow this  

Another Tire Question!

I know it's probably been answered many times but I can't seem to find any definitive answers. I'm in need of new tires and have been considering the Bridgestone M403 for the front and for the rear either the Kenda Millville II or Maxxis Maxxcross IT. I will be doing about 50/50 trails and track. track is loose to intermediate and trails are intermediate to hard. Lemme know what you guys think and if there's a better tire for my needs please tell me. Thanks all in advance.

I just got the maxxis IT in a 100-90-19 (250f) and It was impossible to mount I went through 4 tubes and about 8 hrs. I'm no dummy when I comes to tires either. I changed my 125 tire a couple of times and my old little bikes. I had never changed this tire on this rim although. I took it to the Honda shop (best shop on earth)ctoday and they had it done in 20mins. I rode on it tonight and it was great, real aggressive lugs, I don't see any signs of wear. It ripped up the yard a lot more then the old Dunlop. I'll probably buy it again if I never have to put it on the rim again.

Edited by Yz4481f

How much did it cost to have it put on at the Honda shop? I hear it lasts forever so once I get it on I should be good for quite some time

How much did it cost to have it put on at the Honda shop? I hear it lasts forever so once I get it on I should be good for quite some time

Free. But I bought the tubes there. Not the tire. From now on I'm just going to bring my rear wheel to the shop, buy a tire and have them put it on then. Much easier than on line.

I've had very good results with the 404 rear and M59 front . They work very good in all conditions from boulder laden single track to NY rooty mud to sand. There are better tires for 1 type terrain but ive found the m404/m59 doesn't fail me anywhere

• Like 1

I've had very good results with the 404 rear and M59 front . They work very good in all conditions from boulder laden single track to NY rooty mud to sand. There are better tires for 1 type terrain but ive found the m404/m59 doesn't fail me anywhere

That's exactly what I was going to say... 404 m59

• Like 1