Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X

So today I got to ride my first two stroke, a RM 125. Fast but twitchy and I had trouble working the gas and gears in tight corners and stalled a couple of times. Moved on to CRF250X. Immediately fell in love with the bike and was riding faster than I hever had before, but never felt out of control. Four stroke is definitely for me. I thought the bike would be too tall, but it got smaller the more I rode it. Is this a good bike to have as far as maintenance? it will just be trail ridden and not really run hard the way a racer would, mostly just 4th or 5 gear in some straights and then 2nd and 3rd for the tight stuff. The trails are just mowed around the perimeter of a farm and weave all over the place. Is the CRF230F much less of a bike or would it be about the same for a average rider?

Crf230 is heavy and slow compared to the 250X. I love mine. Maintenance isn't bad at all. Fresh air filter every 2-3 rides and change your oil every 3 to 5 rides and it will take care of you Just like any other bike.

The x is a great bike. I've never been on the 250 but owned a 450. I wouldn't get the 230. Not saying its a bad bike and if it was all I had I would be more than happy with it but after you've been on the 250 the 230 is just going to seem sluggish.

250X is a beaut of a bike for trail riding. Proper maintenance is key for it (as with any four stroke). If you looking at a second hand one, try get one that has had the stainless steel valve conversion done

Edited by thebob_za