Sign in to follow this  

Broken bones

Any one else ride with broken bones? I've got a broken wrist right now. Sentenced to 5 weeks in a cast but I have to ride, it's my only vehicle.

If you have to commute for work then I would but anything more than that no. Not worth permanent damage for 4 weeks. It sucks but try to be patient.

I've done it a few times. Had to modify the cast so I could reach the clutch lever. No problems for me...but I'm sure your doctor would advise otherwise.

I lowsided my DRZ and managed to grind my pinky to the bone. To compensate I cut off my pinky finger glove and had a splint on in and continued to ride, I just prayed if I went down it was on the right side...

• Like 1

Yeah I wish I didn't have to, the cute nurse made it so I can still ride, hope I remember how to do wheelies after 5 weeks

I did a track day after the muscle pulled off the bone in a wake-boarding accident, it was by far not the smartest thing I have done.

Adrenalin masks the pain but once it wears off and later that night I was delirious from the pain.

I rode after getting 3 screws and a plate in my humors, another bad decision.

I have done it many many times and to be honest it was the stupidest things I ever did. Yeah I say this now but I will ride with broken bones again cause I can't learn 😉

Just be careful and since you have to ride to work just do that and no track/trail or fun tuff which can damage it worse and lead to long lasting issues. Trust me I know this all to well :(

I've rode with a broken right heel before. Only once after about the 6 week mark. Hurt so bad I new I shouldn't have done it. Took another month before I was able to ride again

Haha I fractured 3 bones in my wrist about 2 months ago and I'm going to be in this cast till next May ;D Still riding though🤣 I'm 15 and should have severe arthritis on my clutch hand in the next five years so I kind of don't give a Rats ass anymore. :ride: Sucks to be me, But hell things could be worse.

I did, when i was trying to prove i was tough to myself.

Dont do it. My wrist still isnt the same.

Most of my bone breaks have been serious so there's no way I could have ridden but more power to you if you can and do.

Once I broke my left foot in six places on a KDX200 wearing sneakers and the shifter took my shoe off as it destroyed my foot. Then the day before I got my cast off I fell down a flight of stairs lol. As accident prone as I was I shouldn't have gone near a motorcycle.

• Like 1

I rode 10 miles out of the woods and 10 miles further to get home after breaking my collar bone while riding alone. Picking the DRZ up in that condition was a bitch. Adrenalin is a good thing when you need it. And no, I didn't ride any more until I was healed.

OK, so, it's your only vehicle.

Is it your only way to get to/from work? Can you get rides from buddies? You got friends, right? Ask'em to help out a little.

Even if not every day, your healing wrist still gets a "break", haha.

I would at least wait a couple weeks minimal so it at least sets right ... My left wrist is so tweaked permenitly from breaking it four times and continuing to skateboard because of the jarring motion ..

Edited by tylerslj