Sign in to follow this  

New rear brake line to long.

About two weeks ago I got my local shop to order me a rear brake line for my 04 yz250f. They must have gotten the wrong year though, and won't refund me or return the item. Is there any way I can shorten the line, or should I try to return it to the manufacture for a replacement.

Did you provide the part number or did they order it from the info you have them? If they ordered the wrong part then that's their bad. If you provided the part number then your stuck. Also how long I'd the brake line? Can you create a loop by the master cylinder to take up the slack?

Odd behavior from a shop of any kind. Did they get the wrong year, or did you tell them YZ250, for example? Either way, if it's a new part you would think they would take it back. Give us details. GreenHornet offers a possible solution, but I wonder what the P/N is. You can read it off the label. Let's see what you got.

Hate to ask this but are you sure it's to long? I thought the same thing when I replaced mine but as it turns out it just had to be routed a certain way.

About two weeks ago I got my local shop to order me a rear brake line for my 04 yz250f. They must have gotten the wrong year though, and won't refund me or return the item. Is there any way I can shorten the line, or should I try to return it to the manufacture for a replacement.

Post a pic of how the line is routed.

Edited by Polar_Bus

Hate to ask this but are you sure it's to long? I thought the same thing when I replaced mine but as it turns out it just had to be routed a certain way.

I'm def- sure it's to long, it's at least 6" to long.

Post a pic of how the line is routed.

I'll post one tomorrow.

Odd behavior from a shop of any kind. Did they get the wrong year, or did you tell them YZ250, for example? Either way, if it's a new part you would think they would take it back. Give us details. GreenHornet offers a possible solution, but I wonder what the P/N is. You can read it off the label. Let's see what you got.

The label on the brake line packaging said it was for a yz125/250/250f so I assume that is the newer models and not for mine since a specific year was not provided.

name='blurinthewoods' timestamp='1373698569' post='10905709']

The label on the brake line packaging said it was for a yz125/250/250f so I assume that is the newer models and not for mine since a specific year was not provided.[/b]

There should not be any major difference in the brake lines between the late model YZ 2 strokes and the YZF 4 strokes . Again post pics, we don't have the advantage of looking right at your bike, but we can all look at our bikes.

Edited by Polar_Bus

The part number that you need is: 5UN-25873-00-00 HOSE, BRAKE 2

The problem that you are having (I think) is that you have the older 2001-2002.

Separate reservoir (long)

2001~2002

5MV-25873-00-00 HOSE, BRAKE 2

2003~2006

Reservoir integrated into master cylinder type (short)

5UN-25873-00-00 HOSE, BRAKE 2

2005~2007

1C3-25873-00-00 HOSE, BRAKE 2

Post the part number and we will know.

I would demand to talk to the manager. That's bs they won't return it. You'd only have to pay a small shipping charge anywhere else.