Sign in to follow this  

cbr exhaust on crf250l?

I was wondering if it was possible to put an aftermarket exhaust meant for the cbr onto our bike, to give it a look kinda like this.

deJANu.JPG

• Like 1

guys here have a down pipe exhaust, what do you think? All for the pricely sum of about $120.

On Craigslist here in Bangkok!

CL in Thai.jpg

guys here have a down pipe exhaust, what do you think? All for the pricely sum of about $120.

On Craigslist here in Bangkok!

Nice! That with a set of SM wheels and a SM fender would look awesome! For $120 I would definitely get that!! Do you know of any suppliers in US?

no way! Just guys here making it

On CL thailand under motorcycles.

Would it be possible for you to see if that exhaust would also fit a cbr? If so then I think we'll have our answer

message them on CL, find out

Okay I messaged them, I'll let everyone knows what they say once they reply.

Well the owner of that exhaust has still not replied to me. Has anyone found any info as to whether or not a cbr exhaust would fit our bike?

No surprise.

i don't quite know where you're going with this, or why.

ok. Seriously. Same engine, same exhaust manifold fitting. Different frame. So? How likely is it that the CBR header would fit around, under the CRF frame? And come out where? You could change the mounting point/s on a CBR muffler. You would have to get an exhaust shop to make a link pipe. Just like any other custom exhaust.

Look at the pic Rick posted. It's not hacked, welded together header pipe. So either it's a CBR header pipe, and it just happens to fit ok, or it's a pipe from some /any bike that was welded to a CBR or CRF flange. Then the connector pipe was made.

If i wanted to do it, i would be trying to find someone in Thailand who would get the exhaust and send it to me - an expat, or a mod shop with someone who speaks English.

Or i would get the can, sort out the mounting...get a CBR header pipe and see....then take it to a custom exhaust shop and get them to make a connector pipe.

Edited by Cat ji
  • Like 1

I was wondering if it was possible to put an aftermarket exhaust meant for the cbr onto our bike, to give it a look kinda like this.

deJANu.JPG

Check www.k-speed.net in Bangkok they sell this exhaust new for 6500b(around $250) + shipping,look at the bottom left coloum on the website and click on crf250l,its all in Thai but they speak

good English.

Edited by Tailend
  • Like 1

No surprise.

i don't quite know where you're going with this, or why.

ok. Seriously. Same engine, same exhaust manifold fitting. Different frame. So? How likely is it that the CBR header would fit around, under the CRF frame? And come out where? You could change the mounting point/s on a CBR muffler. You would have to get an exhaust shop to make a link pipe. Just like any other custom exhaust.

Look at the pic Rick posted. It's not hacked, welded together header pipe. So either it's a CBR header pipe, and it just happens to fit ok, or it's a pipe from some /any bike that was welded to a CBR or CRF flange. Then the connector pipe was made.

If i wanted to do it, i would be trying to find someone in Thailand who would get the exhaust and send it to me - an expat, or a mod shop with someone who speaks English.

Or i would get the can, sort out the mounting...get a CBR header pipe and see....then take it to a custom exhaust shop and get them to make a connector pipe.

Okay thanks for all the info. I never really planned on putting on a pipe like that onto my bike because well... it wouldn't really be a dirt bike anymore. I just like to think and research about possible mods for our machine. Then again it would be cool to have this bike as a SM on the week days with of set of wheels, that pipe, and a sm fender, but on the weekends take that off and have a dirt bike. Most likely though I'll be sticking to the DUAL sport of this bike.

Check www.k-speed.net in Bangkok they sell this exhaust new for 6500b(around $250) + shipping,look at the bottom left coloum on the website and click on crf250l,its all in Thai but they speak

good English.

Wow that is an awesome price! If I ever go motard I will definitely have to look into that. Edited by MasoBall

Okay thanks for all the info. I never really planned on putting on a pipe like that onto my bike because well... it wouldn't really be a dirt bike anymore. I just like to think and research about possible mods for our machine. Then again it would be cool to have this bike as a SM on the week days with of set of wheels, that pipe, and a sm fender, but on the weekends take that off and have a dirt bike. Most likely though I'll be sticking to the DUAL sport of this bike.

Wow that is an awesome price! If I ever go motard I will definitely have to look into that.

Is going motard like going limpy wrist?

• Like 1