Sign in to follow this  

Washington Best place to buy o-ring

Kind of a dumb question,but anyone know a place around the Puyallup,Graham area that carries a decent selection of small rubber o-rings? It's for my pool pump hose connection and I don't know the exact size so I will need to have a selection to compare with my remaining one. Is Home Depot the place to go,or do I need to find somewhere else like Tacoma Screw(way out of the way of my commute). Maybe an auto parts store would have the best selection? Any tips would be much appreciated. I like to keep detours to a minimum since my drive is over an hour as it is. That's the reason I'm posting this instead of just going to a few different spots.

O'Reilly's should have a selection, I know that Action Auto (now Baxter's?) has a box under their counter of both metric and SAE orings. Remember to buy 2X what you need for "pocket loss." Lowe's might have some, but they sell junk in small packets, not out of a selection.

• Like 1

Also try McLendon's, they often have a better selection of that kind of stuff than the big chain stores, or they can get it in a day if you ask. The Summer store is the biggest, the Puyallup store is on Canyon rd and 112th. Ace Hardware stores also have a selection of O rings.

Other option is a bearing supply house, several in Tacoma.

• Like 1

seems like all the local hardware stores have those little plastic boxes, usually a wall full of them filled with every imaginable part. I know in PDX the true value and..... the other chain hardware store that I can't think of right now have these boxes of cr&p. I lost a fuel screw o-ring and they had one. watch the metric bolts though, the heads are funky. Funky meaning you grab a t-handle for an 8 and it's too small/big. never Home depot or Lowes. You have no chance. Better to patronise the local Mom and Pop if possible.

Ace, that's the other one.

Edited by portlandcsc
  • Like 3

If a hardware or auto parts store doesn't have what you need, I would try Williams oil filter service on Puyallup ave near Portland ave

Or since it is for a pool how about going to a pool/hot tub store.