XR100R powerband

When you talk about a powerband you are really just saying the point at which the engine makes the most power with the given rpms of that gear. An xr100 does have a powerband but it's not as noticeable when riding. I couldn't tell you the color though. A red powerband would mean high in the rpms which I don't believe is true. I hope this helped you understand what is meant by a powerband though. I know it wasn't the best way to answer your question but maby you could answer it yourself with this info.

^^^

When you talk about a powerband you are really just saying the point at which the engine makes the most power with the given rpms of that gear. An xr100 does have a powerband but it's not as noticeable when riding. I couldn't tell you the color though. A red powerband would mean high in the rpms which I don't believe is true. I hope this helped you understand what is meant by a powerband though. I know it wasn't the best way to answer your question but maby you could answer it yourself with this info.

really? " A red powerband would be high rpm power". Do you crash a lot?
a red power band is where the engine hits it's peak performing rpms. If it is set at a higher rpm its a red powerband. That's what I was told. And if you don't crash you don't ride hard enough.

a red power band is where the engine hits it's peak performing rpms. If it is set at a higher rpm its a red powerband. That's what I was told. And if you don't crash you don't ride hard enough.

There is not 1 ounce of sense or truth in what you were told. Plain and simple a powerband is the range of rpm's where the engine is making peak horsepower/torque, it has no color, nobody sells aftermarket ones, and you cannot buy one and install it on your bike. It is a running joke in the m/c industry among knowledgeable people to tease the noobs about all things powerband. Congrats,.................you've been duped! Edited by ickfinger
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Helium nor Nitrogen pose a threat, but Hydrogen or Oxygen can cause a bang....

Oh, and red is best 'cause we all know that red is hot...or is it? Maybe Bunsen burner blue is hotter....

I swapped out my helium tube for the neon green powerband. What a difference. Looked like my power pullies were pretty worn. I'm gonna try getting Rid of the band and pully system and run tiny chains and sprockets. I'll let you know how it works!