Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 won't get on the pipe!

84 cr250 new top end good comp. it won't hit the power band, it bogs almost like its super rich but it's not I jetted it down two sizes from stock and no difference. Power valve is clean and pipe is clear. Also cleaned the carb and new plug what do I do??

I know you said it has good compression, but how many PSI? Have you checked for air leaks?

a heynes manual for 86-01 cr250 might help.

Does an 86-01 use the same powervalve setup on all yrs?

EDIT: If so I can put a manual up.

Edited by bonescr250r

Can you write up a list of what you have done on it in terms of modification? Has it ever ran like it should? Have you done a leak down or compression test?

What does your spark plug look like?

The plug looks good. I ran a comp check and it's 150psi. It is bored .80 over with a new wiesco piston and it has a shorty fmf. It is jetted to 152 main and a 68 pilot

I just cleaned the carb to it seams like its really lean so I put a 162 main in it. It's better but still lean to me. It has a slight lag and in the higher Rpms if you nail it there's a bog

My mistake I know it's lean now but what should I go to? Stock it 152 and 68 and it's got a 162 and 68. Also it won't idle. It pulls good in the bottom but is starving in the top. I don't think .80 over would make that much of a difference jetting wise?

if you say crank seals are fine, how did you know they were? and if not, have you tried the other sealing surfaces like the center case halves and the head/bottom cylinder, reed area and such?

what is clip number on the needle?

150 psi is low but something could be throwing you around with testing, could be your motor or your tester that doesnt test well.

I replace them when I rebuilt it. It's bored .80 over and has a 162 main 68 pilot, needle is third clip and air screw is 1.5. The stock main jet is a 152 but I don't see how boring it .80 over would make the Jet size go up that much but I don't know